FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Favourite Newspaper Comic Strip?

ainieas
Name your favourite newspaper comic strip. I can't imagine just how three slides tell a story and make us laugh or atleast smile, or make us wait for the next day just to know what-happens-next. My favourite strips are Hagar the Horrible and Garfield. I like Beetle Bailey too but not always. Your turn now!
doppleganger
i like THE COMMON MAN by R K LAXMAN
applejunk
Pearls Before Swine and Calvin and Hobbes.

Calvin and Hobbes is a classic and it still never ceases to bore me, the comic talks about some pretty deep stuff about human life, perspectives, etc.

Pearls Before Swine has really good humor in it, most of the times because it looks at things from the perspective that most people are not used to looking at. I find it hilarious Smile
ainieas
applejunk wrote:
Pearls Before Swine and Calvin and Hobbes.

Calvin and Hobbes is a classic and it still never ceases to bore me, the comic talks about some pretty deep stuff about human life, perspectives, etc.

Pearls Before Swine has really good humor in it, most of the times because it looks at things from the perspective that most people are not used to looking at. I find it hilarious Smile

Ya Calvin and Hobbes' pretty awesome. I forgot to mention in my original post! :p One of my friend had a collection of Calvin and Hobbes and i've searched for that elusive collector's edition ever since she showed me hers!
ddukki
I like Dilbert a lot, even though I don't work myself. It just has the random "WTF" humor I'm used to. Also, the duck guard in Pearls before Swine has a special place in my heart xD Gotta love poultry with ammunition.

Is Calvin and Hobbes still in the newspaper? I always had to borrow the comic books from the library.
ainieas
ddukki wrote:

Is Calvin and Hobbes still in the newspaper? I always had to borrow the comic books from the library.

Calvin and Hobbes got over quite some time ago. Its only the reruns that you find in the newspapers.
desertwind
Calvin and Hobbes anyday. I do enjoy Hagar also.
bukaida
Dennis and phantom are my favourite comic characters.
iyepes
For me:

Calvin and Hobbes
Garfield

an Argentinian Newspaper comic strip, that actually wasn't published anymore when I knew it "Mafalda". A complete icon of my generation. My sister bought the whole collection, and I gave her an unpublished selection for her birthday many years ago.
hlavco
I like Dilbert, Bound and Gagged, and Foxtrot. And Peanuts, of course.