FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Metal Gear Solid

mrimp
Well, I dunno about anyone else but there's said to be a Metal Gear film in production. The question is, who should play the role of Snake?
Blu_Spykz
As long as NO ONE says "The Rock" I'll be happy - that guy is so overrated it is laughable. TERRIBLE actor.

(see Scorpion King, Doom, Walking Tall - the only time I can remember him actually doing a decent job was as the rather gay bodyguard in Be Cool)

====

If the movie is live action (not CGI) then Kurt Russell would have been PERFECT (if he was 10 years younger, shame about that... Maybe Kurt in his Snake Plissken (Escape from NY / LA movies) days)

I've heard people say how Thomas Jane would be a good Snake. I wouldn't like that. Not Snake enough. David Hayter would be vouchable if he worked on his on screen acting.
ShadowAssassin
I knew about this movie, but I dont think the actors are decided yet. Personnally i'd say Collin Farell if he looked more like Snake. OH!!! I got an idea!!! Clint Eastwood as Snake!! Or if there is someone better than Clint Eastwood as Snake, perhaps Eastwood can get Revolver Ocelot (if he is in the movie)? I'm really looking forward to this movie!
blk3
Clint Eastwood as Revolver Ocelot is a good idea, although Ocelot looks more Russian as clint is an American. As for Snake I can't think of an actor suited for the role right now. Best bet would be to go all CGI on this one. That would be good, and also use the original voice actors too.
ShadowAssassin
The voices. thats a big prob. if they are using actors with diff voices than ingame or real life, it wouldnt seem right Sad. so, what do u guys think? Good actors with ingame char voices, or their own voices? i would say their own voices cause it would look more 'right' hehe
evans05
right i have to disagree about it going cgi. there is 1 person and only 1 person who could play snake at the minute. hugh jackman. did a good job as wolverine, i think he would make a brilliant snake. if it was based on the second game you would have to hav owen wilson as the new guy. i liked his acting in behind enemy lines
Blu_Spykz
evans05 wrote:
right i have to disagree about it going cgi. there is 1 person and only 1 person who could play snake at the minute. hugh jackman. did a good job as wolverine, i think he would make a brilliant snake. if it was based on the second game you would have to hav owen wilson as the new guy. i liked his acting in behind enemy lines

As big a fan of Hugh that I am, I have to disagree. I'd want MGS to be the best it could possibly ever be, and Hugh Jackman as Snake doesn't seem right.

I *LIKE* Eastwood as Ocelot (obviously Ocelot from MGS1 on PS1).
rightclickscott
If you've ever seen the voice actor who plays him, David Hayter, he actually looks quite a bit like Snake. Observe:

It would make me extremely happy if he were played by his actual voice actor.
duskraider31
If he wasnt so old i would say kurt russell. I mean come one, we are talking about the original snake plisken. They would probably not even have to make him look younger, the way that the metal gear solid series goes. Snake has been getting older in each storyline. Kurt Russel is a bad-ass and if they could convince him to do this, mgs would be nuts!!
Blu_Spykz
Agreed.

Any confirmed news on this project? Or any rumours that have substance?
Kelcey
yea i heard about this... I'm not a big mgs fan though. I'm kind of interested in mgs4. I dunno if I'll care about the movie.
urbanbuddha
Adding to the rumour mill, I heard Kojima is making it like a 30 hour film >_> ... maybe just 3 hours lol, like the 10 commandments O_O (oh man... that's a long movie)... Remember its just a rumour, search engine the rumour if you wish.

Anyways, I think the question is for me, when will MSG4 come out Sad I think it'll distract me for a month or so than anticipating for this movie.
cornga56
Whaaaaaaat?? That is awesome news! I would def love to see a Metal Gear Solid movie, I really hope that these rumors are true and that the movie is made well.
blk3
Kurt Russell is a good bet since Hideo Kojima said in some interview that Snake Pliskin was a basis for the character.
urbanbuddha
The movie is not a rumour... however the length of the movie is still unknown O_O;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808372/, thank goodness for IMDB
carlokes
Hi there,

Clint Eastwood as Ocelot really sounds nice hehe Smile
Kurt Russel as Snake can wait, maybe 2 sequels from now, to represent an Old Solid Snake

Stay Cool
dirkvb
I've got a realy good idea:

Let everyone play him.
Make the game's character the men who plays in the film.

Just use that action figur whit some computer effects and poef...
You've got a really nice film where all game fans will be glad about.

Need some lillte amount of money but I'm almost sure it won't need as much money as an actor needs.
Greetz
Blu_Spykz
Potential Spoiler: (Though I doubt it because it's kind of obvious)

This film follows a similar (but not identical) plot to the popular computer game and follows Solid Snake on an adventure to destroy Metal Gear, a mobile tank capable of firing nuclear missiles from any terrain.

============

MEaning Liquid Snake COULD be in it. Potentially having the same actor to play both Solid and Liquid.

Gosh. I NEED to replay MGS1 now.
Nutteloos
This game needs a movie. I can't believe it's took them so long to get started on it...
darthrevan
I usually don't respond to old topics, atleast of this age, but it does add new information to it.

It has been officially announced that there will be a Metal Gear Solid movie, it will be done by Columbia Pictures. Here is and excerpt about it:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/aug/30/metal-gear-solid-movie-announced wrote:
After years of rumours and aborted projects, a Metal Gear Solid movie has been officially announced. Columbia Pictures has taken on the hit video game series, with Avi Arad set to produce.

The Metal Gear games have long been acclaimed for their cinematic qualities, and series creator Hideo Kojima is a self-confessed movie geek. However, attempts to bring the futuristic stealth adventure to the big screen have so far failed.
The latest attempt was announced at a celebration of the series' 25th anniversary in Tokyo on Wednesday. According to US game site, Kotaku, Arad, who founded Marvel Studios and produced the hugely successful Iron Man and Amazing Spider-Man movies, took to the stage during the event to announce the project.

I don't know about you guys, but I am looking forward to this. This might be a movie I would want to see at midnight, but probably won't because it is hard for me to stay up late anymore. As soon as it is out of theatres and released on DVD/Bluray I will definitely be buying it!
vicar013
Interesting. Still sounds a long way off though doesn't it. I think Mickey Rourke for Snake.
darthrevan
vicar013 wrote:
Interesting. Still sounds a long way off though doesn't it. I think Mickey Rourke for Snake.

More than likely, yeah it is going to be some time before we even get a trailer of it either :-\ Well I am also looking forward to the Metal Gear Solid: Rising and eventually Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeros
EximiusNero
vicar013 wrote:

Rourke is too old, and I'm not actually a fan of him. I had heard rumors years ago that Christian Bale was in the running for Snake.