FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

MP3 Player

snowboardalliance
My Creative Zen Touch screen cracked so that the top and right side are dead. Anyway, I'll be asking for something new this Christmas and I was wondering what to get. I'm gonna avoid Creative this time because I was not impressed by the sound quality. So what do people recommend? I want a decent harddrive size (at least 10GB but most seem to have at least 20), good sound quality, and good durability. Videos would be nice, but not at all necessary. It can't be more than $300. Also, I don't want anything too bulky (like those Archos video players), but my Zen was a decent size.
Arno v. Lumig
What about the Zune? The sound quality is said to be marvelous, it's not too big and it can actually play movies. It can also synchronise your music through your wireless network, and it looks brilliant (in my opinion). The 30GB Zune is available at $300,- IIRC.
snowboardalliance
Arno v. Lumig wrote:
What about the Zune? The sound quality is said to be marvelous, it's not too big and it can actually play movies. It can also synchronise your music through your wireless network, and it looks brilliant (in my opinion). The 30GB Zune is available at $300,- IIRC.

Funny, I've been looking and that's what I'm thinking of getting.

Actually, the new Zune 2 80GB is only $250 with some improvements over the first generation.
The only negatives I've heard are things I don't really care about, like restrictions on wifi and how the whole sharing music on wifi is so restricted (but who cares since it's a unique feature). Anyway, it has a huge screen for a good sized player, so much memory, good battery life, and comes with some good headphones. Also, it seems cool that you can plug it in to a TV so the videos could actually be useful to bring movies over to someone's house. I'm still looking around but I think I'll get this (probably for christmas).
lethaltriad
Another nod for the Zune, I've been hearing good things about it and I would much rather get one of them instead of an I-pod.. much cheaper and does about the same thing.
T-rav
MY PSP is the best thing that has happen to the hand held entertainment world
snowboardalliance
T-rav wrote:
MY PSP is the best thing that has happen to the hand held entertainment world

Well since I don't play many video games, that isn't really what I want, but thanks. Confused