FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

XP Live CD, use them?

SkinnyV
I don't know if you guys are already aware but you can have Live CD of Windows XP that can be booted from the CD drive just like Linux Live CD. I find it pretty useful when repairing computer and accessing NTFS partition before formating. There is Bart PE and Mini PE builder if you want to make your own Legal bootable XP. For people that are always called to repair your friends computer, you will really find it useful.
ThePolemistis
SkinnyV wrote:
I don't know if you guys are already aware but you can have Live CD of Windows XP that can be booted from the CD drive just like Linux Live CD. I find it pretty useful when repairing computer and accessing NTFS partition before formating. There is Bart PE and Mini PE builder if you want to make your own Legal bootable XP. For people that are always called to repair your friends computer, you will really find it useful.

Your right in saying that BartPE can repair computer and access NTFS partition before formatting, but it is nothing towards a live CD. BartPE is a third party software whose entire purpose is to aid system recovery. A Live CD found on linux OS however, allow u to fully utilise the OS prior to installing. BartPE doesnt give access to all the applications or softwares, you cannot install or run any either, except the normal notepad and calc and other stuff given.
Actually you may as well call BartPE a gui form (windows) of a file manager. Sure you can access network and stuff, but its intention is never to allow u to utilise the OS before installing.

Im assuming btw, that the meaning of a Live CD, are the ones that Linux OS's used and coined. ie.
Ubuntu = Live CD
BartPE = Recovery CD

But yea, bartPE is very useful.. especially for removing that sasser (i think) virus when u dont have the anti-virus software installed:)
nivexuck
I have tried BartPE for booting my computer but it doesn't have much tools like Hiren's Boot CD.
sunpascal
yes, i can only recommend bart pe... very usefull.
sometime knoppix does the job to, also it is easier to gain write access using bart be as it has native ntfs drivers
emem
where can I find this xp live cd??
misterXY
SkinnyV wrote:

what is ur question though? it kinda doesn't make real sense
simplyw00x
Quote:
what is ur question though? it kinda doesn't make real sense

Because it's not a question! He's telling us about BartPE. Implied is a question if there's a real XP liveCD, and there isn't.