FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hack phpbb2 forum.

bostko
Does some body know how can I understand password stored in IE cookies. I'm talking about phpBB2 password stored in windows XP.
MrBlueSky
As far as I know phpBB does not store passwords in cookies. It stores a sessionid in its cookie, which identifies you without you having to log in manually.

To see what is in a standard phpBB cookie you can type

Code:

javascript:alert(document.cookie)

in the address bar of your browser right now. You will see your frihost-forum cookie. It contains an id, a sessionid (called autologinid), some google-ads information and the standard PHP sessionid.
internetjobs
how hackers getting password of mysql data base. my forum hacked by somebody, finally i solved it by restoring backup. and they blocked forum admin login... how is this possible how can i protect my database.. any tips
bostko
internetjobs wrote:
how hackers getting password of mysql data base. my forum hacked by somebody, finally i solved it by restoring backup. and they blocked forum admin login... how is this possible how can i protect my database.. any tips

Some how they managed to understand your Unix pass or they sniffed your admin pass in forum. Just try to protect your OS.
gibbo
iv gotten my forum hacked once aswell it was by turkish hackers they made a web page that searched for my mysql passwords, only thing is i used the same password for everything -,-
aningbo
you have to be pretty careful about your password. avoid using public computers... most hackers out there fool you with various methods.

get yourself a good and secure server too.