FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Linux Suse 10.3 Wireless card

KHO
I know this is an abused topic, but I have spent plenty of time in google and cannot get this laptops wireless card to work. I have configured it properly, but it cannot connect (leaving me only to assume I HAVEN'T configured it correctly).
fiendskull9
it would help to post what make and what model

maybe if you can even find out the chipset to save us some time too
KHO
Of course, how foolish of me.
It is an Acer Aspire 5000 laptop with a Broadcom Corporatin BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless Lan Controller on (wlan0_rename).
Thats about all the info I have on it. I have done google stuff, and linux is what gave me that info, but I know it is correct. It seems like it should be working, but KNetworkManager simply can't connect to my wireless connection. It doesn't list any (even though there are about 5 near here) and when I type in the info manually it can't connect.
RiCtee
KHO wrote:
It doesn't list any (even though there are about 5 near here)

Could that be something wrong with your wireless router? Since you are able to find other wireless networks but not yours. Sometimes the encryption is the problem. Did you try connecting with the security turned off?
KHO
No, it doesn't list ANY of the networks. My network is configured properly, windows connects fine, I also tried changing the encryption to WEP instead of WAP and then completely disable it, all of them yielded the same result.