FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Man Marries Dog to Repel Curse

Kelvin
Found this article in my local newspaper, The Star, Wednesday 14 November 2007, Pg. 48 (World News).

Quote:
New Delhi: A man married a female dog in a traditional Hindu ceremony as an attempt to atone for stoning two dogs to death - an act he believes cursed him - a newpaper reported yesterday.

P.Selvakumar married the sari-draped former stray name Selvi, chosen by family members and then bathed and clothed for the ceremony on Sunday at a Hindu temple in Tamil Nadu, the Hindustan Times newspaper said.

Selvakumar, 33, told the paper he had been suffering since he sotned two dogs to death and hung their bodies from a tree 15 years ago.

"After that my legs and hands got paralysed and I lost hearing in one ear," he said in the report.

The paper said an astrologer had told Selvakumar the wedding was the only way he could cure the maladies. It did not say whether his situation had improved.

The paper said the groom and his family then had a feast. The dog got a BUN.
- AP Confused

------------------
Other versions of the same story can be found from these links:

FOXNews' version of the story: www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311079,00.html
BBC version: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7093422.stm
MNSBC version: www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21768663/

The above are just a few from a search to support the article.

Other articles of people actually marrying dogs:
Man marries dog for luck, then dies - www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/04/1075853936802.html (Now this is worth a read too... Rolling Eyes )
This one happened in Thailand - www.thaivisa.com/forum/blog/camerata/index.php?showentry=809

So what do you all think? Interesting isn't it? The weirdest of news comes a lot from India. I wonder what they will do to the dog now or if he ever recovers. His 'wife' got a BUN for while the rest of them enjoyed the feast.....
otiscom
The act of killing the two dogs in the first place shows a mental deficiency, to go on and marry a dog proves it!

I bet the astrologer sold the dog to him.
LimpFish
man this is so sick.. poor people being misled like that by freakin medicine men or whatever they are.. it's so sad. That man probably thinks he really is doing what he has to do.. fooled by some idiot. So what are the consequences of this marriage? Is it just a ceremony, or are they gonna live in the same house? Are they gonna cuddle? Or even more? :S
paul_indo
There sure are some strange beliefs in the world. Fortunately in this case it is pretty harmless to others anyway.
I agree, it sure does prove he's a bit of a nut.
Lord Klorel
What a goofy story, a marriage of a human and a female dog. I hear the priest: Take your lady dog, mister human to man, she answer: woef! . Is that a yes or no, i hope someone can explain this to me.
I am laughing about this.
HAHAHA!!!
loryl
So... do they actually have to sleep together? o.O
LimpFish
dude I sure hope they dont have to. man that's so gross. But considering these guys and their weird traditions and beliefs, I guess we cannot rule that out :S
palavra
can a friend from India explain for us what is the meaning of this ??
smarter
India has more than 1 billion people and soon will become the most populous country in the world.

As opposed to China where central rule and communism straightened the differences between people, India was always very rich in cultures, languages, religions, local customs.

No wonder that many strange/exotic news are about Indians.
coolclay
People do worse things with animals then just marry them. I think a dog would make a good wife, no complaining, easy to please, probably doesn't do much around the house but hey whatever. Lol.
Kelvin
A follow up on this news is.. I'm not sure if they were referring to the same man or a similar case in Indian that a man who married a dog has now been shunned by family members and the villagers. I guess it's because he gave her a BUN and didn't let her join the feast. Wink

As for the part of whether they are sleeping together or more... i guess he wouldn't try anything silly because unlike cows which are quite harmless to sex maniacs... i think the dog would probably bite off his winnie.
Indyan
Congrats to that guy. He has found his ideal life partner for himself - one whose IQ level is comparable to his.
linkin
Kelvin wrote:
Found this article in my local newspaper, The Star, Wednesday 14 November 2007, Pg. 48 (World News).

Quote:
New Delhi: A man married a female dog in a traditional Hindu ceremony as an attempt to atone for stoning two dogs to death - an act he believes cursed him - a newpaper reported yesterday.

P.Selvakumar married the sari-draped former stray name Selvi, chosen by family members and then bathed and clothed for the ceremony on Sunday at a Hindu temple in Tamil Nadu, the Hindustan Times newspaper said.

Selvakumar, 33, told the paper he had been suffering since he sotned two dogs to death and hung their bodies from a tree 15 years ago.

"After that my legs and hands got paralysed and I lost hearing in one ear," he said in the report.

The paper said an astrologer had told Selvakumar the wedding was the only way he could cure the maladies. It did not say whether his situation had improved.

The paper said the groom and his family then had a feast. The dog got a BUN.
- AP Confused

------------------
Other versions of the same story can be found from these links:

FOXNews' version of the story: www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311079,00.html
BBC version: news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7093422.stm
MNSBC version: www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21768663/

The above are just a few from a search to support the article.

Other articles of people actually marrying dogs:
Man marries dog for luck, then dies - www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/04/1075853936802.html (Now this is worth a read too... Rolling Eyes )
This one happened in Thailand - www.thaivisa.com/forum/blog/camerata/index.php?showentry=809

So what do you all think? Interesting isn't it? The weirdest of news comes a lot from India. I wonder what they will do to the dog now or if he ever recovers. His 'wife' got a BUN for while the rest of them enjoyed the feast.....
Confused Rolling Eyes
iamarun
This is a stupid thing that a man can every do. God has given was the wisdom to choose the good or bad. I would never appreciate or encourage these things.
indianinworld
Probably the astrologer would have taught that dogs are much more better than any women Laughing

We can't change these people.

Hope the astrologer recommended only to marry the dog Cool

Keep smilingggg
HalfBloodPrince
This is how Hindus make me laugh so much. Just like the time a man in some Indian farm was insisting he was a god. Dance Hindus, dance! I require more entertainment! Laughing