FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Best Song of All Time

Esquire2032
I have been influenced by my parents when it comes to music and I love R&B. My favorite old school slow jam is " Latest, Greatest Inspiration." This song just moves me when I hear it. It is a song that has stood the test of time in my opinion and I love it soo much because it is underrated and not too many stations that play old school R&B really play it. If anyone agrees or has a different artist or song, please feel free to post. I would love to read what everyone thinks.
MzProf
I also like that song, Mr. Esquire. There are so many classics that don't get the attention they deserve. However, it seems like the industry has finally decided to return to the days of making good music. Singers like Chrisette Michele, Anthony Hamilton, and Bilal are certainly raising the standard and creating new classics.

Thanks for the post.
Prof
KEMLED
That's really cool. I can't really say that I have been influenced by any particular peice if music, but I really enjoy how certain songs can take you back to a certain place in your life. Since I lost my mom 3 years ago, certain songs in movies that she liked bring me back to memories of her.

But anyhow, that was a very interesting comment. And yes, you should pay attention to your wife in Bath and Body Works..they have a lot of great stuff in there. Wink
its_yo_gurl_pellz
I agree with you. Lastest Greatest Inspiration is one the most beautiful songs that I've heard. When a man can pour out his emotions through a song and paints such a lovely picture, it makes you think,"Can I find such a kind of love?" My heart cries emotional pain, because I feel real love like that is almost extinct.
MzProf
Hey there, Pellz! I see you continued to post to this forum! I am so happy that you continued with a site I introduced. I'm a little behind on my postings, but I'm hoping I'll get all caught up.

K
movieplace
I liked the song but it isnt my kind of music.
I just find a very very very good sond, you all should listen to it (also watch the clip it is very cool Razz)
The link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKhnmUdmz74

Title song: The pretender
Band: Foo Figthers
David_Pardy
The greatest song of all time will never be played on commercial radio. No song played on commercial radio can EVER qualify for being the greatest song of all time.

But hey, that's just my opinion. But there's no way anything outside of a 100+ piece orchestra could play the greatest song ever.
billit
I think my favourite song is. silverstein - my heroine1 I love that song ^______^ =p
Sickness
For me the best song ever is Purple Haze, by Jimi Hendrix
lethaltriad
My personal Favourite of all time would probably be John Lenon - Imagine

There is this movie that I love alot.. the killing fields i think and it also played at the end of the movie so it has alot of memories attached in my mind with that song
missdixy
Wow...to choose only one...hmm...

well I suppose mine would be "If Winter Ends" by Bright Eyes.
analyst07
I grew up with R&B music, like Marvin Gaye, the Temptations, Four Tops, Commdores, and of course the baddest band in the land Earth, Wind, and Fire. But over the years I have mellowed to the sounds of smooth jazz. There are many jazz musicians but one of my favorites was the late Grover Washington Jr. His sax made sweet music everytime you heard it. Cool Cool
MrBlueSky
David_Pardy wrote:
The greatest song of all time will never be played on commercial radio. No song played on commercial radio can EVER qualify for being the greatest song of all time.

But hey, that's just my opinion. But there's no way anything outside of a 100+ piece orchestra could play the greatest song ever.

Hmm... so a song being good does not depend on the song itself, but on the way it is performed? And aren't you mixing two different concepts: a song (as in popular music) and a piece (as in classical music)?

Anyway, I would propably choose some song by Pink Floyd. Maybe "Wish you were here".
htetkyawlwin
i just a new guy Very Happy
My favourite music type is pop, rock, R&B and rap...
liljp617
hmm

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Cemetery Gates - Pantera
Floods - Pantera
All Along The Watchtower - Hendrix
Hotel California - Eagles
Changes - Tupac

=) I can't choose lol
frih
the best song is Everything I do.....By Bryan adams. sung in mid 1980s. i love this song very much.

have a nice time!!!!!!!!!

regards
abhi
MrBlueSky
liljp617 wrote:
hmm

Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Cemetery Gates - Pantera
Floods - Pantera
All Along The Watchtower - Hendrix
Hotel California - Eagles
Changes - Tupac

=) I can't choose lol

I'm with you at Comfortably Numb, and maybe Hotel California. For Hendrix I would not have chosen All Along The Watchtower. May be "Hey Joe" instead, or "Red House" or "Purple Haze"
carlokes
Hi there,

Technically its not a song but a solo but i think the idea is there,

- Steve Vai - Bad Horsie

It is an amazing solo, my favorite of all times, the videoclip is awesome and transmit me something i really cant express by words. Check on youtube Razz

Stay Cool !
Vlien
I would never be able to just pick ONE. How can you pick only one song when there are so many good one's out there? People's tastes differ a lot to (duh). I think if it really had to be one I'd pick one by Elbow or Tori Amos (my two top favourite singers/bands).
Elbow - My Very Best, for example
kuyman
I'm a big fan of alt rock so I'm going to have to share my choices:

1. Lost Cause - Beck
2. Subterranean Homesick Alien - Radiohead
3. Jack-Ass - Beck
4. Do You Realize?? - The Flaming Lips
Philou
Choosing a single best song is impossible, imo.

But I can point to one I'm currently listening and that's been my favorite to listen to for a few days or weeks.

The Pogues
Living in a world without her
Bengt
impossible to choose in my honest opinion. Smile
swizzy
i'm crazy about Rap, and there is no no.1 song in my opinion, but i'm really fond of Shook Ones Pt. II by Mobb Deep
thangel93
Ehmm..

I Think it is My chemicale romance - House of wolves

I just love it<3

But The sharpest life and this is how I disappear is also great.
liljp617
thangel93 wrote:
Ehmm..

I just love it<3

Have you ever heard music?
pet-virus
liljp617 wrote:
thangel93 wrote:
Ehmm..

I just love it<3

Have you ever heard music?

BA-ZING!

=D
McDucque
The Eagles Hotel California really does it for me as a classic song. I've got a ton of songs that I feel are timeless and great to sing along to, but this ones always been my favorite. Fun to sing along to, fun to play on guitar or drums, its great
bikermwtp
I think that Somewhere Over The Rainbow - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole is an amazing song!! This song really moves me. This song is just such an amazing song and very emotional for me.
Vladalf
I allways tought that music before 2000 was better, llike they put more love in the music but there are modern artists that still put love in their music.
-Vladalf
-Neil-
The entire "All Eyez on Me" album (2Pac).
pjfa
One of the best of the best...

I go to sleep from the pretenders...
mikeat
I'm new here..If you pick a best song ever it should be or should had gone with the test of time. 30 or more years later that song should still give a unique and distinct sound or melody if someone can hear it..And i believe The Beatles have lot's of best song ever written in the history of music..John lennon- Woman,Imagine..Paul McCartney- Yesterday and etc.......That's my opinion..
Monkeydog
I don't know the if any of these should even be considered the best song ever, but whatever, they're my favourites and when I think best~

The Kinks - Waterloo Sunset
Ray Davie's masterpiece, such a wonderful song, I love it.

The Beatles - Something/Yesterday/Hey Jude/Across The Universe
Something is probably my favourite song of all time, but all of them are just pure classics.

Tarkio - Tristian and Iseult
Other then die hard Decemberists/Meloy fanatics, nobody has probably heard this song. BUT it is by far one of the best things mister Meloy has ever written, and one of the cutest and loveliest songs I have ever heard in my life, and I love it to death.

The Decemberists - The Engine Driver~On The Bus Mall
I don't know which one I like more, both are magnificent, and how they are on the album they could almost be the same song. Shiny/The Island/The Tain are also wonderful Decemberists songs.

Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue
The whole Blood on the Tracks album is just perfect, and this is what starts it off, my favourite Dylan song.

R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
I don't know why, but this song is amazing to me, I adore it.

Led Zeppelin - All My Loving
Beautiful.

Arcade Fire - Crown of Love
I don't know why, but this is the highlight of Arcade Fire for me, I love this song.

Radiohead - Jigsaw Falling Into Place/Down Is The New Up/Last Flowers/Paranoid Android/Kid a(the entire album)/Sit Down Stand Up/A Wolf At The Door/The Pyramid Song
Jigsaw is my favourite song out of this group. But my god, how do I pick my favourite Radiohead song?(although the same could be said with Beatles, Decemberists etc...) Wonderful band.

Oasis - Live Forever
Screw Wonderwall, Live Forever is where it is at.

Blur - End of a Century
<333

Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Highlight of their entire life, and the magnificent Rumours album.

The Smiths - Headmaster Ritual
LOVE this song, and it's so hard to pick the best Smiths song, they were all really great.

and I'm stopping there, I suck at just picking ONE song. Last.FM says my favourite song has to either be On The Bus Mall or Jigsaw Falling Into Place...but meh.
Gabriel_Ns
Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine Smile
TVme
I'd have to choose by song type.

Country - He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones
Disco - Stayin' Alive - BeeGees
Humor - Alice's Restaurant - Arlo Guthrie
Hymn - Amazing Grace
Movie Song - Unchained Melody - Ghost
Pop - Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
R&B - Respect - Aretha Franklin
Rock - Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
guggs
"Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Highlight of their entire life, and the magnificent Rumours album. "

You're joking, of course ! Try going back a bit more even and listening to "Man of the world", "Oh well", or "Green Manalishi" if you want Fleetwood Mac at their best.

But Best Song Ever has got to be something earlyish by Springsteen - I'm torn between "The river" and "Thunder Road".
saunah
For me, it would have to be U2's With Or Without You. Great song!
slashnburn99
Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
Sweet Child o mine - Guns n Roses

best Lyrics

Last Man Standing - Bon Jovi
Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous - Good Charlotte
HDonoho
Take on me, by A-ha. The best song ever!
kagukaevud
asd123 wrote:
Cheryl Cole - Parachute ( Buzz Junkies Radio Mix )
Delerium - Silence ( High Rankin & Evolve or Die Remix )
Kyza - Go ( Bar 9 Remix )
rogue_skydragon
Hey Jude by the Beatles
granvals
this is my favorite song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOI4OF7iIr4
the best lyric "I just need somebody to love."-I will send it to someone I do not love more
Parkour_Jarrod
Poison Heart - The Ramones

I am astonished that Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah wasn't mentioned before....
ultimatermof
I think, the best song of all time is Dönence!

The "Dönence" is a Barış Manço's song. Barış Manço made it in 1980.

It is very very good, wonderfull!

You can watch it;
http://www.izlesene.com/video/muzik-baris-manco-donence/581452
or
http://www.timsah.com/Baris-Manco-Donence/ndTrQMQIy8t
wellerchap
"Midnight Train To Georgia" by Gladys Knight & The Pips for me, thank you!

Never tire of hearing it....and love joining in with the superb backing vocals Very Happy
sandmanxyz
Amherst wrote:
Hi Guys!!!
My name is Amherst Bowman and I am new to this forum, I am here to gay Hi to all of you and want to share my ideas and thought with you I hope I enjoy posting here…..Thanks!!!

Hi Amherst! You said :"I am here to gay Hi" . That's classic stuff! Very Happy
Nameless
sandmanxyz wrote:
Amherst wrote:
Hi Guys!!!
My name is Amherst Bowman and I am new to this forum, I am here to gay Hi to all of you and want to share my ideas and thought with you I hope I enjoy posting here…..Thanks!!!

Hi Amherst! You said :"I am here to gay Hi" . That's classic stuff! Very Happy

Oh typos, what pinnacles of hilarity you have inadvertently wrought!

... -_-

Lux Aeterna (Requiem for a Dream), composed by Clint Mansell = the best and most epic music possibly ever.
gverutes
Bohemian Rhapsody - greatest recorded song
meep
I consider Circle Takes the Square - Interview At the Ruins the best song ever, just because it's totally different, and it's not like all the crap they air on the radio.
ankur209
All time favourite is Enrique's "Rythm Divine"...!!
mtorregiani
One of the best songs of all times in my opinion is One, by U2. It's a very deep song, and the rythm is just great!
ankur209
My All time favourite Song is "Summer Of 69" By bryan adams...!!

Its awesome and whenever i hear this track i'm like in the best of my energy...!! Cool
chaity
whenever i feel sad and alone i love to hear the song LOVE STORY a beautiful sng by TAYLOR SWIFT...it acts lyk a refreshmnt fr me........no matter hw tense im,i quickly calm down as soon as hear ths sng..thats d reasn ths sng is ma all tym fav... Very Happy
helen82
"Imagine" is a beautiful song, with beautiful lyrics & message, typical beautiful John’s singing voice, and good piano playing by John. John Lennon will be remembered through history one of the most iconic figures in music history.
alugueldelanchaangra
very difficult to choose only one
Lotar
Dark was the night - Blind Willie Johnson

'Dark was the night' has flew in spacecraft voyager. Voyager golden recordings.
Alerrandre
WALK IN THE LINE WILLIE NELSON UHahuaHUAhuAHAUhuaHUA
macky
all this time by tiffany
william
Some good suggestions here, others are hardly music, in my humble opinion. Wink

The best song of all time? Well, there's a difference between favorite and best, and I feel most are posting favorite. I have thought about this a number of times, and I would say the best song of all time is Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin.

Other possibilities are Imagine by John Lennon, Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, All Along the Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix, You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban, and several others. Note, I am leaving out classical music in this, but there are many good arguments for some classical pieces.
CheDragon
I guess for me "No woman no cry"
gangi
Highway to hell. ACDC forever Smile
deanhills
Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore, an absolute master piece:
rocking
My Last Seranade by American metalcore band Killswtich Engage from the album "Alive Or Just Breathing".

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se5dLxpmtYE[/youtube]
ricardo22
i think i don't have only one music that i can say "it's the best"
there are so many of this that i could tell,
but, certainly, a music that is marked in my life is smells like teen spirit, from nirvana
so, all of nirvana songs are perfect!!!
jwellsy
I think the most sang song on the planet is probably the beloved "Happy Birthday".