FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What would you do for your girl (or guy)?

dan751
What would you do if your family stalks you and has other people stalking you just to try and separate you from the one you love most in all the world. This person IS the one, your soul mate. And you'll do anything for her (or him), anything in the world. Your parents want nothing more than "your best interests", and they believe that this person will corrupt you and hurt you. But, you know otherwise, you know that this person is not corrupt and they will never do anything to hurt you in any means. Heck, you two have even left home for a weekend (would've been the rest of your lives but you decided to home home from your mother's convincing words of pain) and slept in ditches just to be with each other.

How does one deal with this? Please bear in mind that though this is a serious situation, what has been told is small compared the whole story.
DecayClan
dan751 wrote:
This person IS the one, your soul mate. And you'll do anything for her (or him), anything in the world.

if indeed she is the one, and i am willing to do anything for her, then there is no real point in discusing it, would it?

But in real life, i would try to convince them to stop it, and if they didn't, then i would again, VERY AGRESSIVELY, to make it clear to them, that they cannot change my mind, and that they either STOP, or FORGET ABOUT ME.

Because they believe that it is for MY best interest, THEY WILL stop, because it is better to be near me, than not at all.(and maybe try to "correct me" at some other point of my life) ...
dan751
More or less, what I was trying to say was. How do you deal with your family if they've been doing this?
molif
convince their family. seriously, if they can prove that it's true love, it will stand the test of time and soon the family will come to see and understand and realise it
RubySlasher
I'm sorry, but the situation sounds like one that involves to two under aged teenagers, which I'm not.
But, if it were me, I would:

1. Definitely stop eloping. This makes us both look a bit loopy and entirely immature.
2. Keep contact daily, but to a minimum. (letters, phone calls, instant messaging, etc.) The aching to be with your loved one is what makes finally being with them worth it. And true love lasts without time and physical contact.
3. Marry as soon as legally possible.
dan751
Well, I'm 18 and she's 17, and she'll be 18 next August, and we'll be in our own place shortly after she's 18. And 18 is the legal marriage age (without parental consent) in Canada
RubySlasher
Seems like the only problem now is keeping up the relationship (if there is one anymore) with your parents. It would be a shame if they didn't bless you both on getting married, and if they alienated you for the rest of your lives.
dan751
RubySlasher wrote:
Seems like the only problem now is keeping up the relationship (if there is one anymore) with your parents. It would be a shame if they didn't bless you both on getting married, and if they alienated you for the rest of your lives.

This is slightly getting off topic, but, yeah, they've pushed me away, and no, we won't ever get their blessing. But they won't alienate me from them, but even still, them pushing me way like they have has caused enough damage.