FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3D Modeling

What do u think about that?
nice
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
middle
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
bad
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

kuhdorf
Hey guys =) i started to learn a little bit 3D modeling and here are my first models Razz

(I know its very easy^^)

http://kuhdorf.frihost.net/projekte/designorama/images/photoalbum/album_1/raum.jpg

http://kuhdorf.frihost.net/projekte/designorama/images/photoalbum/album_1/kugeln.jpg[/url]
roboguyspacedude
I like the blocks one. What program do you use? I have Cinema 4D and 3ds Max Studio.
Georgeboy
I can agree with roboguyspacedude that the blocks one is really good. It seems to me like a room full of gold blocks. Nice done !! The balls are not my cup of thee, maybe you should have choosen another color. They are not enough visible.
I started 3D modelling last year in blender, an opensource program, but I did not complete all the lesson, due to less time. It really interests me to restart learning the program, because the result of such a program is really fantastic. Especially the 3D movies are formidable. Is there someone here who has experience with blender? Or someone who makes 3D movies just for fun and places them online?

Are there other good and free 3D programs available, who are maybe less complex?

Greetz
kuyman
Well, I've played with quite a few shareware and open source 3D programs and my favorite is definitely Blender. Unfortunately Blender has a pretty big learning curve, but it's not illogical or anything like that, so you should be fine if you really decide to get down to it. Wings 3D is also good, but I highly recommend Milkshape. Milkshape is pretty cool, fairly powerful, and totally easy to use.

But I really would recommend learning Blender, it's well worth it.
jackiz
nice
silvertailsfox
Wow those are really nice. I like 3D modeling but I've only done it for school. Those look so very artistic! I've only made robot parts. -runs off to look for 3d modeling programs-
DavidMHale
I like the second one better. I think if you put a gree gue to the glo it would make them have a glow-in-the dark look that would be cool.
DavidMHale
I ment hue, type too fast sometimes.
agustin
hey i like your models... very nice... i would like to try 3d modeling someday... it would be so good... Is it difficult??
Kelcey
Yeah, what program did you use?
zaira
second up! what program do you use? i am also learning 3d modeling roght now but i'm using Autodesk 3D Studio Max 9. i heard from my sister that it is used in high level animations, backgrounds and movie. Having such skill make more money too...hope i can master this 3d modeling and be one of the computer graphic artist and be on Pixars or Disney...LOL
taytay
kuyman wrote:
Well, I've played with quite a few shareware and open source 3D programs and my favorite is definitely Blender. Unfortunately Blender has a pretty big learning curve, but it's not illogical or anything like that, so you should be fine if you really decide to get down to it. Wings 3D is also good, but I highly recommend Milkshape. Milkshape is pretty cool, fairly powerful, and totally easy to use.

But I really would recommend learning Blender, it's well worth it.

I like milkshape. I've used it's trial version to change the look of weapons on Halo 2. I have a tendency to not spend money on things though... Free is Definitely for me! haha. I'm learning Blender and wings 3d. Interesting programs. i wish I had more time to commit though Sad

Those are some nice 3d models though. Keep it up man. You'll be creating 3d master works of art in no time Wink haha. You might take into consideration increasing your resolution though. 1024x768 used to be the standard screen computer screen size, but things are growing fast. I could just be saying that though because I'm keen to loving detail in images. I like it when I have to zoom out to see a full picture, but still have a clean quality at 100%. If you catch anything I'm rambling...
vaoger
OK.. pretty nice..
hard to tell accually..
keep it up!!