FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How did you get over a long tearm relationship?

Aleksandroz
If you had a long term relationship, how long did you took to get over him/her?
And how did you convince yourself to move on.. to forget her..?

I was with some girl 2 years, and I got over her after 3 months (now) .
I realized that she was so rude to me all the time, and she didn’t care for me much and
I realized that she wasn’t a good person.. After some time not seeing her, I could think clearly, and I come to conclusion that it was all a fake..
Sadly but truth.. But that gave me reason not to think of her anymore and to move on.. Now I see that there are pretty and good girls everywhere Wink
Coffyfacemk2
it's just time, time and nothing else

also getting drunk and ranting helps

also making sure you don't send inappropriate text messages or emails to the ex when you're drunk is generally a good idea.

Oh and not panicking and jumping into bed with the next girl that comes along is generally a good idea.
edzofcit
As for me, I haven't experience breaking with my girlfriends where in we're in together with a span of long time. I think, getting over with a long term relationship is just simple. Just evaluate your feelings for her or him. Then think if you're still in love with her. Pursuing a relationship even knowing that there's no love is very unfair. You must be honest with yourselves. If a relationship is not working, then break it, but if it works, keep it up.

However, If you can't get over a long term relationship because you think you can't live without your partner, then, it isn't smart to break it up.. Smile
molif
do things that don't remind myself of her... it works! but no finding someone else till you're ready... or 2 people would be hurt.
furtasacra
This is going to sound awful, but I pretend they're dead.

Really. I mourn them like I lost them in a train wreck.
It's somehow easier to imagine a life without someone that way.
Morbid, but effective.

Of course, this isn't a practical approach if the person is in your face every day at work or school, but I make a point of never getting involved with people at work or school.
DecayClan
edzofcit wrote:
As for me, I haven't experience breaking with my girlfriends where in we're in together with a span of long time. I think, getting over with a long term relationship is just simple. Just evaluate your feelings for her or him. Then think if you're still in love with her. Pursuing a relationship even knowing that there's no love is very unfair. You must be honest with yourselves. If a relationship is not working, then break it, but if it works, keep it up.

Yea, very..>? opinion... In a nice beautiful calm idealistic world, maybe this could be the case... But in this one...In real life... its quite impossible, and if YOU CAN do it, then congrats!, but i don't think that this is the general case.

edzofcit wrote:
However, If you can't get over a long term relationship because you think you can't live without your partner, then, it isn't smart to break it up.. Smile

Well, there are many reasons that may FORCE YOU to do so... Also never forget, that she may not feal the same way, and may just dump you... It is not always a matter of leaving her...

I just try not to think about it... I recover pretty fast, at least at the outside...but as Coffyfacemk2 said: time, time, and more time...
hunnyhiteshseth
You can do just one thing to get over it: DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!

Yes, thats the best method. If you are going to do something to 'get over it', then unconsciously you will remind yourself more & more about your bad relationship. I know it can be a bit difficult, especially, first few weeks but later you just get used to it.
apple
When I had to get over a 4 year relationship...the only thing I could have done was give myself time to heal.

The only advice I can give that I am sure can work for everyone is to not get into another relationship soon. By soon I mean anything under a year of being in a long term relationship. Give yourself time to breathe and totally heal.
tingkagol
I'm still having difficulties getting over my girlfriend of 3 years 6 mos. It's been less than a month since we split. My progress is amazing though... what I thought would take even longer happened in less than two weeks.

Yes, I smiled.

And I ate.

And I'm opening myself up to the female population pretty well. harhar.
apple
tingkagol wrote:
I'm still having difficulties getting over my girlfriend of 3 years 6 mos. It's been less than a month since we split. My progress is amazing though... what I thought would take even longer happened in less than two weeks.

Yes, I smiled.

And I ate.

And I'm opening myself up to the female population pretty well. harhar.

give yourself time to heal. just remember it's expected to feel pain and don't be ashamed of it. and more importantly, don't jump into another relationship anytime soon.
asim
I was in realtionship with a girl for 2 yrs, and she wanted me to mary her..... and u know my type of guy who isnt serious of life.... never wanted to do it. During this two yrs she was like wife to me..... taking care of everything i needed.... i also loved her.... but du wanted to get married.... but was unable to say it to her.... later on i came to know she was in realtionship with a guy....... i told her that this guy is good for you... coz he is serious abt life.... she nevr wanted this to happen.... but i got thru it she now is married with a kid... n im still a bachelor... with other girl... so guys wat say......
doppleganger
well there was this girl whom i was going around for like around 7 years and then it was decision making time as to whether i want to continue this relationship or move on, but then thought to myself why to move on, man i was in love with this girl and i could not move on Very Happy so then guess what i did, i know very few guys would do it
BUT I DID IT, I GOT MARRIED
AND NOW I AM HAPPY AND MARRIED i know its strange but yes i am happily married
RubySlasher
I learnt that everything they ever said to me in the past has no meaning now, and I moved on. It made me a much more cynical and cautious person, which is actually good in this world. Words and promises will loose meaning over time, because humans are weak-willed.
luzenkock
How i wish i could have such relationship. But i just didnt given such chances. I luv my best fren.
Aleksandroz
RubySlasher wrote:
I learnt that everything they ever said to me in the past has no meaning now, and I moved on. It made me a much more cynical and cautious person, which is actually good in this world. Words and promises will loose meaning over time, because humans are weak-willed.

I totally agree with you. I came to same conclusion and I become so much caution then before! I don’t like it, but I (we) have to be!
But I am trying not to let my past experience to ruin my good side.
missdixy
The worst thing is having a person that you love wholeheartedly, but realizing that they are not exactly the type of person you're looking for and that you'll probably never work out....and having to let go of them.

one day i'll have the courage to, i swear, and then i have no idea how i'll ever get over it.
caroline
Your goal is not to forget. Get out, do some interesting things, meet some new people, and you'll eventually recover. In the end, you may be left with melancholy but fond memories of your ex.
bluefossil
the easiest way to move on from a long term relationship is to find yourself a rebound sexual partner. ooooh yeah
Yantaal
well I was with my ex for 5 years, took me like 6 months to get over her, it was odd, one day i just went to a gig on my own, and i had a really good time, and i thought, i dont need her to enjoy myself, and that was when inew i good to go, and now i am with a new girl, who is. fantastic, more than that, its the best feeling i can imagen and i am so happy right now,
ssthanapati
Aleksandroz wrote:
If you had a long term relationship, how long did you took to get over him/her?
And how did you convince yourself to move on.. to forget her..?

I was with some girl 2 years, and I got over her after 3 months (now) .
I realized that she was so rude to me all the time, and she didn’t care for me much and
I realized that she wasn’t a good person.. After some time not seeing her, I could think clearly, and I come to conclusion that it was all a fake..
Sadly but truth.. But that gave me reason not to think of her anymore and to move on.. Now I see that there are pretty and good girls everywhere Wink

Hey I did better than u. I have a 1 month record Very Happy and then again into another 1 Twisted Evil