FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Om Shanti Om

How is this Movie?
Very Good
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Good
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Average
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

viraj
Om Shanti Om (Hindi: ओम शान्ति ओम, Urdu: اوم شانتی اوم) is a Bollywood film directed by Farah Khan. It stars Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles as the protagonists while Shreyas Talpade and Arjun Rampal feature in supporting roles. Guest appearances by several stars.

This film is making waves in India and across the world where mostly the Indian fans were egarly waiting for this to come. Being launched atmist of Diwali this has made rores in box office.

For more info visit: http://www.omshantiomfilm.com/
viraj
Plot Synopsis - Om Shanti Om

'SPOILER ALERT!' The movie begins at a film studio where Om Prakash Makhija (Shah Rukh Khan) works as a junior artist. Om’s whole family consists of junior artists. He himself dreams of becoming a major Bollywood Star and win a Filmfare Award for best actor. He along with his friend Pappu (Shreyas) had been working in the industry for years and the only thing that is driving Om Prakash Makhija is to meet his dream girl - Shantipriya (Deepika). On the premiere of Shanti’s movie Dreamy Girl, both Om and Pappu go to the red carpet wearing rented suits expecting Shanti’s presence. Pappu steals an exclusive pass that belongs to Mr. Manoj Kumar to watch the premiere, but have to run out when the real Manoj Kumar appears. While being dragged out of the theater Om manages to get Shanti's attention and he is awed by Shanti’s gaze. During a shooting where Om plays the role of a Dacoits’s henchman, Shanti gets trapped in the field that is set on fire. The hero gets too scared to save the heroine and Om saves her. Shanti is appreciative of this and becomes Om's friend. Om lies that he is a south Indian star and even invites her to a fake south Indian movie shooting.

Om's already latent feelings for Shantipriya start to emerge. However, he learns that she's already married to Mukhesh Mehra (Arjun Rampal) who is the producer of Shanti's movies. Their marriage has not yet gone public, since Mehra fears it would harm Shanti's on-screen image. It will go public soon since Shanti is pregnant with Mehra's child.

Mukhesh pretends to be happy with the news and promises to announce the marriage and pregnancy after his forthcoming movie, "Om Shanti Om", is complete. Mukhesh borrowed a huge amount of money from a producer and promised to marry his daughter in return. Mukhesh takes Shanti to the set of "Om Shanti Om" and tells her they will soon get formally married on the set. On the set he reveals his true intention of killing Shanti as it would cost him lots of money if their relationship was known. Om witnesses the entire scene and attempts to rescue Shanti after Mukhesh sets the entire set on fire. However, the building is destroyed, Shanti dies within it, and Om is blown out of the set onto the road where he gets hit by a car driven by one of the greatest stars of the 70s: Rajesh Kapoor. At the hospital, Om dies but is reincarnated in the newborn child of Rajesh and his wife.

Thirty years later, the reincarnated Om Kapoor (Shahrukh Khan) is the biggest movie star of recent times. One of his film shootings leads him to the studio where Shanti was burned thirty years ago and he starts to remember. During a Filmfare celebration, where he wins the Best Actor Award, he starts to remember his old life and meets his old friend, Pappu, and his mother again. They forge a plan to punish Mukhesh Mehra who has returned from producing Hollywood movies. Om convinces him to remake the old movie "Om Shanti Om" and finds a new heroine, Sandhya (Deepika Padukone). They train Sandhya to act like Shantipriya and during the Muharat of "Om Shanti Om", Sandhya plays the ghost of the deceased Shantipriya. Om first invites Mukesh to a function. Suddenly a chandelier comes & hits his head, making him unconscious. After he wakes up he comes to know that there is no one in the function except he & Om. Mukesh tells to Om that he knows everything about his plan. Suddenly, Sandy comes and starts to talk. Om tries to stop her. But she says that after Om leaves the burning set Mukesh comes to the burned set, only to find out that Shanti is still alive. Mukesh then buries Shanti alive. Om is shocked that how did Sandy know about all this stuff ? She tells Om not to kill Mukesh. She kills Mukesh herself. Om realizes who it is he is encountering and stares at her while she moves away, smiling at him.
viraj
Reviews

Om Shanti Om received mainly positive reviews. Indiafm's Taran Adarsh (Indiafm is the media partner for om shanti om) gave movie awesome 4 out 5 star rating stating the follows " At the box-office, the film will set new records in days to come and has the power to emerge one of the biggest hits of SRK's career."

SearchIndia.com considered Om Shanti Om to be a breath of stale air. "A dispiritingly commonplace theme of reincarnation packaged in a disjointed, tracing-paper-thin plot with ho-hum performances by the lead actors renders a mediocre movie that only addled fans of Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan would love," was how the SearchIndia.com reviewers put it.[4] Meetu of Without giving the movie away gave the movie a thumbs down stating that "It is at best a very average variety entertainment program.

IndiCine.com was also harsh on the movie. Describing it as a "terrible letdown", IndiCine's reviewer wrote, " Technically Om Shanti Om is good, but as an entertainer, a major disappointment".

Rajeev Mansad of CNN-IBN gives Om Shanti Om 3 out of 5.

Nikhat Kazmi of The Times of India gave 3.5 of 5 stars stating the film is a total paisa vasool and a true tribute to Karz. Behindwoods.com gave it a rating of 3/5 saying it's a masala flick and the heavily flawed script doesn't matter as its entertaining. Hindustan Times's Khalid Mehmood gave the film 3/5 saying that om shanti om is total brainless mazaa.
viraj
The media is making hype about SRK's 6 abbs. One can understand this as for a person like Sharuks who has never been imagined as a strong man this is a fantacy.

SRK has also worked very hard for this. He managed to do it within 6 weeks. God let me meet his instructor, I also want not 6 but atleast 4... 3.. abbs...

Check this musclar SRK....

McDucque
I've never seen a Bollywood film, I really want to because they all look exciting and cool and fun to watch... can anyone make some recommendations for classic Bollywood?
MYP415
what did you guys think of this movie? I haven't seen it yet, but my aunt said it sucked and one of my friends said it was the best movie ever, so I'm not sure whether it will be good/bad.
asim
hi all,

i also never loved reincar movies but this one is a fabulous job.. it rocked and i loved everything thing in the movie... the music is awesome... storyline good... starcast rocking... and so is Deepkia Padukone's carvacious figure.. just watch her... really..."Ankhon mein teri ajab si ajab si adayein hian, Dil ko bana de jo patang saanse ye teri wo hawaein hian".
viraj
Initially I was also given a feedback from many of my friends that the movie is hopeless...

But, I dont think it so as I loved it...

Om Shanti Om is full of inovation and experiements which were performed on a large scale in a single movie.... Many of the ppl must be annoyed of it... but if you look it technically I think Indian Cinema is doing a great job...

Cheers for Om Shanti Om....

~....Rocks....~
iamcrux
entertaining eventho story is stupid..
but there can be anythin in story....