FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Waxing!

melissareich
Recently I purchased my own waxing thing that they usually have at professional salons... it cost me $70 and I absolutely hate it! Crying or Very sad Well the reason I hate it is because it leaves the spots on my face so RED! I mean right now it looks like I burnt my face or something. I have been meaning to take it back, but I'm not so sure... maybe I should try a different wax?! It was a kit, so it came with all the needed supplys, however, I did purchase different strips to wax with.

Anyway the reason I bought it was because I thought it was a complete waste of money to go to the salon everytime I needed waxing done... it was $15 everytime, so I thought a one time only $70 would end up saving money!

Please give suggestions, thank you! Smile
PennyLane
Are you sure you can use the wax on your face?? Because most of the time they use a more gentle wax for your face... It has nothing to do with the strips, they're just fine, but it's all on the wax...
When you wax places on your face you also tear the strips back in another angle then in a salon (at home you do it yourself, in the salon someone else does it...), this can also cause the red spots. If I was you I would try the wax on my legs and see if this gave me the same red spots. If this is the matter then I would go back to the shop and try to get my money back...
melissareich
I took the waxing thing back! Thanks for your help. I think I'm just going to stick with getting it done myself Smile

On another note, it probably was the wax itself. I also was probably not doing it right myself, as you said at the salon someone is doing it for you. It was just a hassle to me to heat the wax up for 35 minutes and only use it for 5 minutes or less...

anyway thanks again!
PennyLane
No problem!
Anyways, at a salon you get pampered and stuff, and who wants to miss that?? Smile
brilliantbeauty
Salons are fun. Smile But if you just remember to pluck weekly or so, you can usually a good deal of time before having to wax again. You know, just don't overpluck. Razz