FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which is the better Video Card when it comes 2 gaming?

Nvidia or ATI
Nvidia
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
ATI
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Others
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

RavenCross
Nvidia or ATI?
dan751
I'm more of a fan of ATI. However, both Nvidia's GeForce 6800 Ultra and ATI's Radeon X800 XT Platinum, I have to say are a tie. The reason is as follows: Nvidia's GeForce 6800 supports Pixel Shader 3.0 where as ATI's X800 XT does not. However, the Radeon X800 XT is (traditionally) a one-slot video card, where the GeForce 6800 requires two PCI slots, therefore needing to draw more power and take more space inside your computer's case. So, it pretty much boils down to personal preference.
Dr4goN
ATI Forever! However I have NVIDIA GF6600GT video card right now, but that will change before 14 November(Quake 4 release day in USA). ATI Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition is a great video card, except all GeForce 6 Series supports Pixel and Vertex Shaders 3.0.
RavenCross
yeah i myself is using a 256MB Radeon 9550 SE.. its a bit outdated but technology is usually very expensive in our country.. 2 yrs ago i was an nvidia user but ati's very good in terms of affordability and you can never go wrong with ati..
DJGuardy
ATI definitely. Well, at the current time anyhow. NVidia are slightly more behind in the speed and overclocking scene in my opinion, but with their new technology coming out with the PS3 that might be coming to the PC for extra income, its anyones game for the future. But for now, ATI.
Jeff_vella_leone
personally i think nvidia is well good with the sli function allthough its very very expensive
i have an ati radeon 9600 se is good for its age comparing to the nvidea geforce fx5200 realeased at the same time
Personally ati r very good in performans but for max statistics i opt for invedia in fact now im buying nvidia geforce 6800 ultra its pretty good for statistics and supports even sli but im not making it cos its far too expensive to buy an other motherboard and an other GF the same
it allready gonna cost me a lot lol
I think the 6800 ultra is the best GF in the 6 series and only the 7 series r better but oviosly too expensive to even think about
lockwolf
Nvidia, the new fx 7800 owns hardcore. I plan on getting one with my next supermodded computer.
stiffler
Ive always preferred Nvidia. Whenever I try an ATi card, I am simply dissatisfied overall. I have a 6600GT now, and its a fantastic card for the price, though, atm, I'd say the 6800 offers best bang for the buck.
gh0stface
Well it kind of depends on what type of game you are playing. If the game is D3D based, ATI tends to reign supreme. While Nvidia tends to own the openGL market. ATI tends to have better IQ in antialiasing and anisotropic filtering. Nvidia also tends suck up more wattages then ATI. Currently both of the companies have pretty good cards out in the market and it pretty much comes down to driver quality and user experience.

If I had the money, I'd be hard pressed to figure out which card I'd want to buy.
Jeff_vella_leone
lockwolf wrote:
Nvidia, the new fx 7800 owns hardcore. I plan on getting one with my next supermodded computer.

yep 7800 realy owns all lol
7800 has the best stats for now thers no ati grafic card that could match its level for now
surly there will come one but for now 7800 is the best
if i have the money i will get that lol
dreaming
leone
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
personally i think nvidia is well good with the sli function allthough its very very expensive
i have an ati radeon 9600 se is good for its age comparing to the nvidea geforce fx5200 realeased at the same time
Personally ati r very good in performans but for max statistics i opt for invedia in fact now im buying nvidia geforce 6800 ultra its pretty good for statistics and supports even sli but im not making it cos its far too expensive to buy an other motherboard and an other GF the same
it allready gonna cost me a lot lol
I think the 6800 ultra is the best GF in the 6 series and only the 7 series r better but oviosly too expensive to even think about

i think i opt for invidia too as i already got one but gonna by another one when i have time and money to do so.