FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who are the electricians?

uuuuuu
I built a small stirling cycle engine from sheet aluminum and wire, based on plans that I found online. It turns a little heavy guage wire shaft at I'd say 100-200 rpms maximum right now. I think it would be fun to make a little generator for it and maybe power an led or charge a AA battery, just to gently introduce myself to DC electronics.
Can somebody refer me to a good resource, preferably online? I think I lost my library card.
Thanks a million,

Love,

Uwe.

P.S. The Stirling engine is a very fun project to build, I would recommend it to anybody who has some time and wants to learn about thermodynamics.
czc587
Stirling engines are amazing. I built a couple but never one that would produce 200 rpms! The ones I built were for school using a simple candle giving maybe 100. I found a some great resources can be found in google groups. Do a search for "stirilng" and also "warm air engines". If you can't find them pm me and I can send you the link.
ptolomeo
I must strongly recommend you:

howstuffwork.com

its a very very nice site with lots of interesting things about any electrical or mechanical gadget.