FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The influence of the Moon

Da Rossa
Tell me your opinions ladies & gentlemen. I'm a Physics student, therefore I conditioned my mind to be linear-logical thinking, plus I don't easily accept statements before seeing it's experimental proof. However, there have been several people coming to me arguing that the Moon has somekind of "real" influence on women, making them more sensitive and nice in the full moon nights. Also, I have a friend that claimed to have succeeded 'catching' a girl and he swears that "if the full moon wasn't there, I would have no success".

I still can't believe in this kind of astrological thing, however my friend yelled at me when I was so "narrow-minded" to take only the science as a referential. He said that I, being Catholic, could not say such thing because my personal beliefs are not entirely centred in the science and blablabla. Anyway, what do you think? Girls, is that true? Does the moon really make you more inclined to get into a relationship?
molif
what has this to do with love..?
Da Rossa
molif wrote:
what has this to do with love..?

Not exactly or specifically with love, but with the women's behaviour in a Full Moon night. And perhaps with love itself too; do you love your boyfriend more under the high moon? Very Happy
TrueFact
Let's be realistic here and talk in a scientific manner...

The moon is just a moon reflecting sunlight and other invisible rays onto earth and it does that whether it is a full moon or not. Forget about all the stories of vampires and werewolves which are influenced by the full moon and every such story or fairytale.

Yes, may be women are affected with all the romantic stories they watch on TV or heard from their grandmothers... but not actual influence or effect.

Thank you
Flarkis
I agree with what TrueFact says in part, but the moon has a bit more power than you care to explain. For instance how do we get low and high tides my friend?
asim
Flarkis
Quote:
I agree with what TrueFact says in part, but the moon has a bit more power than you care to explain. For instance how do we get low and high tides my friend?
I agree with Flarkis..... completely.
Da Rossa
asim wrote:
Flarkis
Quote:
I agree with Flarkis..... completely.

This is the beginning of the discussion: some argue that the Moon is simply a beautiful celestial mass. It's clearly not only it.
Tumbleweed
Many species of plants and animals have learned to use the moon, How many animals breed on a full moon ? .. ok , its lighter and regular and over millenia animals have used this to there benefit, I dont think anyone would argue that the presence of the moon has had a profound influence on life on earth, I would like to speculate that the moon does have an influence on the female phyche.
I am not sure but I think mankind is one of the only residents ....land mammals at least..... on earth that has a hidden ovulation ( its just a piece of info stuck in my head not saying its true ) and it seems only common sence that we would like other earth flora and fauna use these extra light nights Wink. Females are ready to get pregnant once a month the moon gives us light nights once a month ..... simple 2+2 = green Razz
RubySlasher
Like the person mentioned above, the moonlight is linked with ovulation, and it is said that UV rays affect a human's 'inner clock' (although it has been hard to test, due to modern day variables like artificial light.) Also, I read it somewhere that tests have shown that women's attraction to two different kinds of men (effeminate and masculine) change during the month due to varying hormone levels at certain times, (again, thanks to ovulation.)
I've also heard of moonlight having an effect on sea creatures, such as coral, in which they'll spawn when it's present. Which is explained in this article

Personally, after almost a year of denying it, I finally jumped into a relationship with a guy on the 28th of Oct. Looking back at the lunar calender for that month, it was two days after a full moon. Previously, I had him convinced that I wasn't interested in any relationships, and I'm still surprised I lunge-kissed him and confessed like that. And I have been absolutely mean to this guy, too (calling him mean names and making fun of him.)

Now as I see it, it's only logical to blame it on the moon.
thinkfacility
I suppose it's possible that the wavelength of light reflected off the moon and further reflected off of someone's skin could produce an attractive effect. In this manner, it could merely be instinctive that our eyes find a certain color more attractive. Personally, I find that in a room with darker, more orange lights, people look better than in rooms with clear white lights.

If you think that there's a more subtle force at work, possibly even as weak as gravitational forces, there might have to be much more experimenting to be done.