FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Image only hosts?

richard270384
Hi,

Wasn't sure where this should be posted so I'll give here a go.

I need a free host solely for the purpose of hosting images. It must have FTP access and images must be able to be displayed on web pages stored on another server. All thefree image hosts i've seen don't have ftp access.

I know (although it would probably be a breach of TOS) I could just register with any free web host and store the images on there, but i really only need to host images - no php, mysql, cpanel or any other features are required.

Does anybody know any hosts that provide this service?

Cheers,
Richard
LukeakaDanish
Hm....frihost? whats the problem with just using your frihost account? I presume you have one already...

Otherwise, perhaps you could try the google solution...you wont have FTP, but I think you can upload multiple images quickly (drag and drop or something like that) using a picasa webalbum...

http://picasa.google.com/

Or just register for some other free host (which obviously, I'm not gonna link to here, as it would damage frihost Wink)
richard270384
I really like my frihost acount and wouldn't want to risk losing it by breaching TOS.

Album covers would be copyrighted and therefore in breach of the Frihost TOS, right?

I also want to use another host so that if i feel it up faster than i anticipate, I can get another account easily.
LukeakaDanish
richard270384 wrote:
Album covers would be copyrighted and therefore in breach of the Frihost TOS, right?

Well...that depends what you want to use them for...if you, for example, are reviewing the albums then they would be covered by fair use (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use)

As long as you don't in any way detract from the sales of the copyright holder you should probably also be ok.

Other than that, I've PM'ed you the name of an other free host, that I personally would recommend.