FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Frihost Logo





newso
I come straight to these forums straight through google today. There is not a Frihost logo on the forums. I thinks its a good idea to show the logo on the page. For when people are linking to certain posts through search engines. They will know what website they are on easyer.
dray101
good point!!! Laughing

There's also a lot more ads when your not signed in!
Peterssidan
There was a logo before the meny bar was as it is now. Maybe the logo is harder to fit in with the current design.
saratdear
Hey newso,

There was indeed the logo on every page on the forum, but after the recent redesign, it had to be taken away, I suppose, to make way for all the new links you see on the top of the forums now.

But yes, there should be a logo there.
simplyw00x
Frihost doesn't really *have* a logo, just a grey button with 'Frihost' iirc. Is the graphical re-design Bondings promised ever coming? It's sort of important...
ocalhoun
Hold on a minute, and let's examine our assumptions here...
Does Frihost really need a logo on the forums?

Something that makes it clear that Frihost offers free hosting for posting in this forum might be good; that way people that stumble upon one of our random threads during a google search will be exposed to what Frihost is about, and might be intrigued enough to sign up.
LukeakaDanish
ocalhoun wrote:
Hold on a minute, and let's examine our assumptions here...
Does Frihost really need a logo on the forums?

Something that makes it clear that Frihost offers free hosting for posting in this forum might be good; that way people that stumble upon one of our random threads during a google search will be exposed to what Frihost is about, and might be intrigued enough to sign up.


I was thinking about that a little while ago:

When logged in there's no reason to show logo and hosting info stuff...for us users that would just be a nauseance (cant spell that).

HOWEVER when not logged in surely it is in frihosts best interests to show both the logo (so people have a chance of remembering frihosts name and thereby perhaps come back if they need hosting) AND to show some basic details on what frihost is about. Just to try and lure new/newbie guests to join.

I'm thinking resize the top bar (when not logged in) to 70% width and use the remaining 30% to promote the amazing features of frihost.
Manofgames
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuisance Smile
I have to agree with pretty much everything said so far:

  • Frihost doesn't have a Logo per se - perhaps Luke's thread will change this Razz
  • Visitors need to know what the site's about - As the user avatar isn't displayed when not logged in, there is ample space for a logo


I think I'd find it cramped if the logo was displayed when logged in, as it would push user stats and co into the centre.

The other option is to have a small text logo by the top menu.
snowboardalliance
Manofgames wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuisance Smile
I have to agree with pretty much everything said so far:

  • Frihost doesn't have a Logo per se - perhaps Luke's thread will change this Razz
  • Visitors need to know what the site's about - As the user avatar isn't displayed when not logged in, there is ample space for a logo


I think I'd find it cramped if the logo was displayed when logged in, as it would push user stats and co into the centre.

The other option is to have a small text logo by the top menu.


Yeah, there should be something when you are not logged in. Like a message about Frihost and a logo if a new one is designed.
zjosie729
Yeah, there should be. Didn't we have one before?

Also, I think the forums should have a much happier look. The theme right now makes me feel the way I feel on a rainy day.
nbeerbower
I agree that there should be some sort of logo on the Frihost forum. Even if it's just text that says Frihost real big. They could just add it right under the buttons and stuff.
david901
Yes i agree with the logo you should put one on the site and to the ads i dont get any ads :S weird lol
Related topics
phpBB or SMF logo customization
Link @ Frihost logo (at the top of the fórum)
Looking for Logo
Need a LOGO for ... not any more...
Not a support question, but still Frihost
Logo needed...
Logo in the address bar ?
Frihost Logo
Transparent Logo
Clicking The Frihost Logo
New Joomla Template Club and Logo Competition
Frihost Logo
What happened to the Frihost logo?
Frihost Logo / banner
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> Suggestions

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.