FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PACMAN

dac_nip
anyone here play the classic pacman? I've been playing them recently and mind you, i quite enjoy it. the idea is just great and its good to revive it again.enjoy pacman! you can download it free in the net.
I don't know if the author will allow this, but its free..as said in the article page..
http://www.jrok.com/games_orig.html
brokenadvice
Pacman is a good concept, but got a bit boring after a while. The arcade version just repeats the same level OVER and OVER. The only thing that is different is that the ghosts get faster. I used to play a Macintosh clone called "Pac the Man", and it was really good.
Kelcey
I never played pacman for that long of a time. It was good for its time though.
wabik90
Hehe, some oldschool games are very good. I've played Pacman very long time ago... It's great but I was a little noob so I haven't played for a long time. It was at my grandpa's house on the old computer Smile

This version is very familiar, and it's very nice to play it, to play PacMan again:)
Thx, Bro Very Happy Cheers
Magicman
Pacman is simply a classic game. It has very simple gameplay and yet is still very fun. The only real replay value in Pacman is to get the high score.
amysanders
i want to get pac man for my website as im starting to build yet another one of them game websites, although im going to host game reviews e.t.c
devotchka
Reminds me of my childhood days spent during summer holidays at my grandma's place.
Once I added the game easily to a website by installing Puarcade, a kick ass Joomla component.

http://www.pragmaticutopia.com/index.php?option=com_puarcade&Itemid=127&fid=1&gid=3

http://www.pragmaticutopia.com/index.php?option=com_puarcade&Itemid=127
Starflier
I played a Pac-man sequel that I'd never even heard of before the other day, called "Super Pac-Man" it was fun, there are two different power dots, and you need to unlock doors to reach certain portions of the maze. I found it quite a bit more rewarding to play than the classic Pac-Man, more visually interesting too.

Pac-Txt takes your classic Pac-Man, and turns it into a turn-based text adventure game.

Pac-Mondrian attempts to close the gap between fine art and video games by combining some very video gamey art with Pac-Man...

And that's all I have to add...
gemara
I remember how I start to know Pcs and video games stations with tetris, chess, pacman...
real cool times where everithing was simple and difficult at the same time.

Nice man, I lost in my first try... well, like old times.
Starflier
Pac-Man was a wonderful thing for video games... It brought an end to the endless waves of aliens to decimate, and gave us a recognizable character who didn't shoot things, making the way clear for such awesomeness as Dig Dug and Bubble Bobble!

Very Happy I love Bubble Bobble!
kerryworkman
dac_nip wrote:
anyone here play the classic pacman? I've been playing them recently and mind you, i quite enjoy it. the idea is just great and its good to revive it again.enjoy pacman! you can download it free in the net.
I don't know if the author will allow this, but its free..as said in the article page..

I used to love pac-man. There was an ice cream shop in Hawaii just down the street from my house that had pac-man and moon patrol. I wasted alot of my youth in that ice cream shop playing those games. It always gives me a sence of nostalgia when I play those games.

On a side note did anyone watch that thing on tech tv where they showed the guy who completed the game without dying, and collected every fruit on every level. He is listed in the guiness book of world records ..... for a video game ..... thats awsome Very Happy
jackiz
i play pacman in on my celphone on the way to school ! Smile
its very very funny ^^. i have an old phone so i cant play anything but snake, tetris and pacman. haha Smile
i tried it on my PC now. Smile i love it. i remember me and my brothers played this on our first PC Smile
i was 5 years old then ^^
dac_nip
kerryworkman wrote:
dac_nip wrote:

I used to love pac-man. There was an ice cream shop in Hawaii just down the street from my house that had pac-man and moon patrol. I wasted alot of my youth in that ice cream shop playing those games. It always gives me a sence of nostalgia when I play those games.

On a side note did anyone watch that thing on tech tv where they showed the guy who completed the game without dying, and collected every fruit on every level. He is listed in the guiness book of world records ..... for a video game ..... thats awsome Very Happy

well that's quite an information. i never thought a player of pacman will be in guiness book of world records. the first time i saw a pc was when my father was playing pacman in his office computer..hehe, its quite nostalgic.
Kitten Kong
If you want to play pacman now and have a modern mobile phone you can, there are many different versions out there and if you phone came out within the past few years it will probably run the JAVA version, just do an online search for "your phone model + games"
Starflier
kerryworkman wrote:

Technically speaking, you can't beat PacMan, it was designed as an open-ended game. In theory you should be able to keep playing it forever... In theory...

The hardware it was designed for however, caused it to glitch out at level 256, making it unplayable... This is consitered to be the last level, and beating it is one of the holy grails of the video game world. (It has been done, but by very few)
kerryworkman
Starflier wrote:
kerryworkman wrote:

Technically speaking, you can't beat PacMan, it was designed as an open-ended game. In theory you should be able to keep playing it forever... In theory...

The hardware it was designed for however, caused it to glitch out at level 256, making it unplayable... This is consitered to be the last level, and beating it is one of the holy grails of the video game world. (It has been done, but by very few)

I did not know that, thank you for additional information. They didn't mentionanything about that in the show I watched. I just thought is was amazing that he did it without dying and he got the fruit on every single level.
Yjaxygames
Pacman is great. People still play it these days. I like it. It's not a game I play a lot, like commercial games of these days, but if you have nothing to do, and you just play pacman for a few times, it's a great game.
spinout
that level 256 !!!! It's a wonder, so say, for ages it has been the target for so many people -> and it is an error... well well keep going for it.
weiwei
it nice game, i already install it. 2 types, 200kb++ and 600kb++ ,
hope i can win,lol
Yjaxygames
weiwei wrote:
it nice game, i already install it. 2 types, 200kb++ and 600kb++ ,
hope i can win,lol

The 200kb is normal pacman, the 600kb is Ms. Pacman