FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mehmed the Conqueror (Turkish Sultan)

Harlequin
Quote:
Mehmet II was born on 29th March 1432, in Edirne. He was the son of Sultan Murad II. His mother was Huma Hatun. He was a tall, strong and muscular man.

Mehmet II was a statesman and a military leader. He was also interested in literature, fine arts and monumental architecture. He was educated by famous scholar Aksemseddin. Mehmet was speaking seven languages fluently. Another worthy tribute to the Ottoman ruler is the famous portrait of him by Gentile Bellini. He also interested in philosophy and science. He invited Ali Kuscu the famous astronomer to the observatory in Istanbul.

Mehmet II was ascended the throne in his 20th year.He took the name “conqueror” (fatih) after the conquest of Istanbul on 29th May 1453.

The conquest of Istanbul spelled the end of the Byzantine Empire and entered a phase of urban revival under the wise and tolerant administrations of Mehmet and his immediate successors. The capture of Istanbul was followed by a long succession of campaigns which resulted in a tremendous extension of direct Ottoman rule. Among those areas that fell to Mehmet II were Serbia, Greece, the Empire of Trezibizond, Wallachia, Bosnia, Karaman, Albania and several Venetian and Geneose maritime establishments.

He ruled the Ottoman Empire for 30 years and joined 25 campaigns himself. He was a very strict statesman and a very brave soldier. He took place in front of his army in the wars and he encouraged his soldiers.
The emperor had died on 3rd May 1481. He was buried in “Fatih Turbesi” (tomb), near the Mosque of Fatih in Istanbul.

gh0stface wrote:
Please use quote tags when copying and pasting an article. Also give credit to where it's due. Failure to do so may result in suspension and banning of account. Please re-read the rules and FAQs if you haven't already read them.
did70
I dont understand how the ottoman empire is been defeated and become Turkey. Is it becouse a few stupid politicus or what ? maybe becouse the weakness. and they came back in the war against the hole europe Cannakkale savasi (Gallipoli war), and the war for Cyprus. In 1880's begins the war against the PKK. and still the pkk has no succes against Turkey.
In the world most powerfull countrys is Turkey number 3.
1 China
2 Amerika
3 Turkey
4 Russia
ThePolemistis
did70 wrote:
I dont understand how the ottoman empire is been defeated and become Turkey. Is it becouse a few stupid politicus or what ? maybe becouse the weakness. and they came back in the war against the hole europe Cannakkale savasi (Gallipoli war), and the war for Cyprus. In 1880's begins the war against the PKK. and still the pkk has no succes against Turkey.
1 China
2 Amerika
3 Turkey
4 Russia

The ottoman was falling in decades running up to WW1. I think the ottomans (or rather 4 ppl behind the scenes inclduing Kemal Ataturk) allied with the nazis, without their leader knwing. The British and French got hold of their empire (sykes picot agreement) and split it up amonsgt themselves.

I think thats true anyways Razz
Coclus
did70 wrote:
1 China
2 Amerika
3 Turkey
4 Russia

Well, in the 19th and early 20th century the ottoman empire first lost with Germany the first world war, and then became just an object to western countries. I heavily doubt your list of the most powerful countries. Although you do not specify the point of comparison, turkey would not be in the top 5 economically, militarily or geographically.
ThePolemistis
Coclus wrote:
did70 wrote:
1 China
2 Amerika
3 Turkey
4 Russia

Well, in the 19th and early 20th century the ottoman empire first lost with Germany the first world war, and then became just an object to western countries. I heavily doubt your list of the most powerful countries. Although you do not specify the point of comparison, turkey would not be in the top 5 economically, militarily or geographically.

Maybe he is referring to military size?
hargallipoli
ANZAC & Gallipoli is really fantastic city everyone should visit once It was a best way to see gallipoli by taking a tour and we really enjoyed it. Our guide was brilliant as well; he knew all about gallipoli and made us feel totally relaxed This tour was pretty good. I really liked seeing the historical places and gallipoli. It was great http://www.toursingallipoli.com This tour was really worth to do; we visited many interesting places in one day. I was really impressed with the Gallipoli, and Troy. I wish we will back soon. And I would definitely go again.