FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

HELP ME REMEMBER A NAME OF A SHOW!

greenwoodmonkey
This is mainly aimed at people in the UK, although someone may have seen what I am talking about in the USA..

OK, what I can remember, this show is only a few years old, and it was a kind of reality / talk show from the USA...

It was made by some small town Jewish (I THINK) guy, who looked maybe 10 years older than he was, who created a TV Studio in his basement / garage and used his mum and dad to film and record sound a his PBS (Public Broadcast Station) show.

It didn't last many episodes, but what I saw while I was in the UK was one of the funniest things to come out of america since Bush 1 and 2..

The name of his show (in the UK) was something like "HIS NAME Show..

This isn't Wayne's World... and couldn't be more different while still being VERY Similar..

Can anyone remember this? It was shown in the UK on E4 (I THINK) or maybe BBC2

Thanks peeps
truespeed
the tom green show?
bluefossil
I think you are talking about the Andy Milanokis (sp?) Show.

That guy was annoying, I guess he had to keep is age secret for work since he is way older than he looks. It was a case where he couldn't take what he dished out. I think he got started on the Man Show in the US.
Blu_Spykz
Wasn't that Andy a chubby kid?

I'm sorry I have no idea of what show you're talking about, my instinct was Waynes World lol (until I read your post further)

I;'ll have a think though.
ShadowAssassin
Which years were these? I might have seen it, I need to refresh my memory. Tell me the years!!! Smile
greenwoodmonkey
No sorry guys it wasn't Andy Milinokis... but thanks for the suggestion...
No this guy was probably about 22 or so but dressed much older..

I seem to recall he had some pretty famous guests on there, and would just have them over to his house...

This show was probably about 4-5 years ago in the UK, but might have been longer originally

To summarise

Jewish (maybe just looking) guy....
Reality show type format
Chat show element (was the premise of the show)
Mum and Dad did cameras and lighting for the show
The chat element was filmed in the garage or something
It looked like one of those crappy PBS Programs
He wore suits.. All the time... even to school I think.