FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to attract site members?

richard270384
Hi,

I have my site http://www.music-whiz.com which is getting a steady flow of visitors but no body really seems to be registering for an account.

Can anybody suggest any strategies/ideas I could use to encourage more visitors to register?

I just redesigned the site and I'm hoping that will encourage more people to register, we'll have to wait and see.

Cheers,
Richard
jcnet
richard270384 wrote:
Hi,

I have my site http://www.musicplace.co.nr which is getting a steady flow of visitors but no body really seems to be registering for an account.

Can anybody suggest any strategies/ideas I could use to encourage more visitors to register?

I just redesigned the site and I'm hoping that will encourage more people to register, we'll have to wait and see.

Cheers,
Richard

Hello Friend, Just now visited your webpage...great!!

The Layout is simple and good.... Went through some songs and saw some random songs...
The site provides good information WITHOUT MEMBERSHIP...

The main mistake is that......!!! Whatever information (regarding the song) is needed, we can get it just by searching...... and once we find the information, the process is over... The user just closes the site...

So, there;s no need of registering.... This is the only problem...

So, What you can do is,,, Make some areas where membership is compulsory...
and also track (the feature) where a user needs to find more information on your site and make that feature "MEMBERS ONLY"....

Thus member get tempted to register..

JUST TRY IT!!! Wink

cool~~~~~~~~~Joseph~~!! Arrow Arrow Arrow
jcnet
richard270384 wrote:
Hi,

I have my site http://www.musicplace.co.nr which is getting a steady flow of visitors but no body really seems to be registering for an account.

Cheers,
Richard

Just try this method,,,,, if not lets see what to do..........

-Joseph!
GB
I agree that the above is important. You need to show the user should want to go through the hassle of registering. What benefit do they have? I see that you have a list on the registration page, but each benefit sounds more like things that a casual user wouldn't want. It seems like you should figure out some desirable thing for those people too. Perhaps there would be a way to "reward" your users for helping you out. That is the missing piece that I see, they are helping you by keeping the lyrics up to date, but what's in it for them?

Secondly, I would advocate patience as your users get to know your site. Once they get familiar and see a reason to join, they will.

Good luck with your site, I hope it becomes a big success for you.
tamilparks
website layout and the contents and links are very nice but you have to wait for some day all on a sudden you cannot grow to the Hill
KHO
As a raw design tip, I would recommend expanding the body content width. Theres currently about 40% of the screen thats white space on each side. You should try and cut that down a bit. This would also make the pages smaller, and people would be more apt to reading the content as opposed to just looking for a link because it seems too long.

Other then that, It looks alright. The content available should have some method of requiring membership. Rather then just denying them altogether, why not just refer them to another page that suggests that registration is free and easy, and also includes a sample of the information they are seeking. A tad bit of work, but you can batch it easily enough.
tamilparks
KHO you are welcomed its very useful to me also.. wonderful to see the tips for my webpage also
richard270384
I have taken in a lot of suggestions and redesigned the site completely. Please let me know what you think.

Cheers.
tamilparks
ya your webpage is very good than the preivious one congrulation