FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A modern Chitty Bang-Bang: A new family car that flies?

wumingsden
I recently came across a video which seems to show a model of a family car that flies. I don't know whether its real or not, but you decide.

If it is fake no doubt we'll see it in about 20yrs time anyway on our roads/in our skies.

The link is: here
Srs2388
wow... it looks convincing.. if it is fake they did a great job.
if it's real i want it Very Happy I could drive fast as i want then hahaha cops.
Tumbleweed
It probably cost as much as a real car Laughing
Kamo
Lol you guys never saw a ballon?
They had the same in one of the top gear series a year or two ago.
Philou
Indeed.

Plus, let's pretend flying cars existed. Why in the world would they put wheels on a flying car? Wink
j_f_k
Jeez I want me one of those. I live which is gridlock city. The feeling of flying is so so but what about cruising above the ground without stopping while everyone else below is sitting idle in traffic.
Davidgr1200
Unfortunately it's not just you who wants one. Everyone will want one and then there will be gridlock in the skies as well! I want a teleporter, a silent one!
Tumbleweed
Philou wrote:
Indeed.

Plus, let's pretend flying cars existed. Why in the world would they put wheels on a flying car? Wink

So you can drive over cliffs and frighten your friends of course Very Happy
Genesiz
If it didn't have wheels it wouldn't be a car. What would be the point in having a flying car that you couldn't drive.
Bockman
erm... I'm just having a "deja-vu" of an (extremely) old thread at youtube.... where people are still posting (just got back to check on it...)

PLEASE don't go on (yet another) Is / Is not! topic...

only thing i want to know is:

"IS THAT THE SKODA LOGO?"

Be Well 8-)

P.S. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ENHPsEpZk
CMA
Like Kamo said, it's just a baloon, though it'd be great to have a flying car.
I suppose we'll have to wait another 50 years, though... Or even more.
SpellcasterDX
Yep. Definitely fake. Anyway it'd be pretty cool to have flying cars like the ones in movies/cartoons. (More specifically, the ones like in Star Wars Razz)
But yes it looks pretty fake. You could tell it's balloons.
yomomma1
Err... That isn't real, How would it get in the air, And if it could, how much energy would it take? Also, It is just sitting their, If it could fly it would probably be going very, very fast. I mean It could be edited, It could also be another trick, It wouldn't be that hard to do, and this would have been announced somewhere and more people would know about it, thus it is a fake in my opinion.
chemical-music
Yes i realy think its cgood so try take easy next tim eheheh
missdixy
Flying cars would be disastrous....can you imagine the insurance prices! Lol. =D
BPrice
its a good video but the car is a balloon and i cant wait until the do manage to make a real family car that can fly.
ocalhoun
There already is a flying car, problem is, it is expensive and impractical:

One problem with a flying car is size: Have you ever seen say, a four-passenger plane, up close?
It is far larger than a four-passenger car. Anything that can carry four passengers and fly will have to be nearly as large as that plane. Your flying family car would end up being the size of a cement truck, even when folded up.
Blaster
That is fake. Look at the under carage Oh wait there is none. Also the wheels aren't convincing at all.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ElS9BKSsezw

That is the video of the car that Ocalhoun posted a picture above.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_A0CGCxYSl0 (even better vid)
DecayClan
Philou wrote:
Indeed.

How about, for the same reason they put them on FLYING airplanes...?

The whole video seams very fake to me...