FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Java

caiba
Java is a kind of programming language that Sun Company put out . It is a kind of language carried out through explaining the way, The rule of grammer and C ++ are similar. Meanwhile, Java is a kind of programming language which steps the platform too.
guy
I have java it is a very good program
most of your computer goes around java
kv
guy wrote:
I have java it is a very good program
most of your computer goes around java

java is not a program. It is a programming language. A "JVM", the java virtual machine is the platform on which your java code runs. The good thing about java is that, you can write code and compile it on one machine, put the compiled code on onother machine (with different os, even different processor architecture) and run it. It runs!! The punch line for java from sun is "Write once, run anywhere".
frozenhead
added FYI.. in other words its is a cross-platform language (portable) in any kind of OS.. well another good thing about this language is when a java application has bugged down, it only affects the environment on which its runs and that is the "JVM".. without affecting much of the processes relating to the OS unlike a binary compiled application that is when it bug down, there's a prone in bugging down also the OS.. Uhm.. added to that.. its has a good memory management in its apps.. so its really a good language.. if you plan to develop some apps in this language, you must first need to read about OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concepts and principles, somehow helps you to understand what really this language can offer you!.. Idea
billgertz
well in addition to what's frozenhead said, java is one of the oldest platform existing in the world of computer languages.. java is the basis of most networking application when it comes to mobile technology and micro programming.. Java is setting up the standard in wireless technology.. compairing c++ to java, java is better in avantage of Object Oriented Programming.. java class files are very reusable and its rarely crashes.. java programs are "Write once, run everywhere". do you agree?
darkelven
I was reading the java comments.. They are interesting. Someone of yours has worked with J2EE?
I'm trying in this time.

Once a few days I've reading about, and I'm designing a web site with jsp.

Someone out there has worked with J2EE??
srinivasd
If I am not mistaken, Frihost does not support hosting of JSPs or servlets. I need to write a serverside app to support a GreaseMonkey script that I am writing. I am trying to figure out what my options are?
Appletalk
srinivasd wrote:
If I am not mistaken, Frihost does not support hosting of JSPs or servlets. I need to write a serverside app to support a GreaseMonkey script that I am writing. I am trying to figure out what my options are?

Most JSP hostings are very expensive, and in many cases won't run as you expect.

I have experience with these two, which are quite good. The uptimes are not very high, though:

http://rimuhosting.com/javahosting.jsp?s=gjboss (the best)
http://www.jspzone.net/

If you're looking for a JSP solution, i suggest those ones.
srinivasd
Think I'll just stick with Frihost and PHP. Looked at a few PHP tutorials and seems like it is straightforward. BTW, found a free JSP hosting site called www.MyJavaServer.com, but was not impressed. Looks like JSP/Servlet hosting has a long way to go, considering that Java is so memory hungry, though I just love the language.
mialynavahy
A high-level programming language developed by Sun Microsystems. Java was originally called OAK, and was designed for handheld devices and set-top boxes. Oak was unsuccessful so in 1995 Sun changed the name to Java and modified the language to take advantage of the burgeoning World Wide Web.
Java is an object-oriented language similar to C++, but simplified to eliminate language features that cause common programming errors. Java source code files (files with a .java extension) are compiled into a format called bytecode (files with a .class extension), which can then be executed by a Java interpreter. Compiled Java code can run on most computers because Java interpreters and runtime environments, known as Java Virtual Machines (VMs), exist for most operating systems, including UNIX, the Macintosh OS, and Windows. Bytecode can also be converted directly into machine language instructions by a just-in-time compiler (JIT).

Java is a general purpose programming language with a number of features that make the language well suited for use on the World Wide Web. Small Java applications are called Java applets and can be downloaded from a Web server and run on your computer by a Java-compatible Web browser, such as Netscape Navigator or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
Grimboy
I've been wanting to mess with Jython which is Python with Java libaries and running on the Java VM. Looks interesting.