FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Humor in a serious situation

Futile
This just happened and is still going on at this moment. This Sniper is a few blocks from my office building so we are on lock down. Hopefully it will end without any loss of life. Well needless to say that there are alot of people in my building concerned and wondering what is going on, so the nature order of thing is to look online. You find a quick update on the net stating that the man who was first on foot is now hold up on a floor and a nearby preschool has been evacuated. So where is the humor in this? The story includes a map with a location balloon that has a get directions to here link. Just thought that i would share.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2007/11/07/armed_man_on_roof_of_downtown.html

Edit: This situation has been declared over. Still was funny to me when it was going on because of the whole get directions link.
Eyre
That's actually really funny ;P. The direction thing I mean.
Arnie
*laughs in your general direction*
friuser
actually i don't find it funny. It's actually a great feature. I can understand why they have it there but all google maps api have that sort of option. Maybe it was better if it was a satellite image?

Sad to hear about what happened but finding humor in a hard situation is a good thing sometimes.
j_f_k
hmmm perhaps someone is hoping that paparazzi types will flock there and hopefully all be shot.