FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Shortcut

Tony The Tiger
Apparently, my Firefox shortcut is not set to go to my desktop. How can I tell where it is sending the shortcut files as I create them?
ThePolemistis
Tony The Tiger wrote:
Apparently, my Firefox shortcut is not set to go to my desktop. How can I tell where it is sending the shortcut files as I create them?

Right-click on icon and click properties.. Then type in the correct path in the target... something like c:\program files\firefox\firefox.exe.

This is for windows btw.
Tony The Tiger
ThePolemistis wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

Right-click on icon and click properties.. Then type in the correct path in the target... something like c:\program files\firefox\firefox.exe.

This is for windows btw.

I am in windows and this is not showing me where the shortcuts I created are. The path I am finding is c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe. This is where the executable file is, but not the shortcuts for web page links that I am creating.
ThePolemistis
Tony The Tiger wrote:
ThePolemistis wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

This is for windows btw.

I am in windows and this is not showing me where the shortcuts I created are. The path I am finding is c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe. This is where the executable file is, but not the shortcuts for web page links that I am creating.

Im not sure how u are creating the shortcuts but I would do it like this:

RIght click on a blank space on the desktop and click Shortcut in the menu that loads up.
and then simply type in the web address
Done!

And as long as firefox is ur default browser, the page should load up in firefox, or if not, then in the glorious IE Razz
Tony The Tiger
ThePolemistis wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:
ThePolemistis wrote:
Tony The Tiger wrote:

This is for windows btw.

Im not sure how u are creating the shortcuts

I am right clicking on the blank space on the web page and choosing the create shortcut option. The shortcut is not on my desktop and I don't know where it is. How do I find its location. It should be in a folder somewhere, but I don't know how to figure out what folder that is. That is my question. How do I figure out what folder my shortcuts are being placed in?