FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Post your favorite recipe

jharsika
Post your absolutely favorite recipe.
Mine I know by heart.
Funky version of Lo-Mein:
Cut up lots of fresh veggies that go good with eastern cuisine such as green peppers, red peppers, onions, carrots, sweet potato (though that would completely change the flavor), broccoli if you want etc.
Just adjust the amount of veggies depending on size you want it to be.
Make sure you have a good sized fry-pan and put some oil on it, then stir-fry the veggies. *remember harder vegetables take longer and onions are better when cooked with everything from the beginning.*
So cook the veggies frying them for a while and if you want to cover the pan and let them steam, this makes them cook a bit faster I find.

When the vegetables are almost done add soy sauce and oyster sauce, maybe even a bit of sesame oil to taste. (about a tablespoon of each should be enough) Stir it all up until the sauce is warm. If the sauce is too watery from veggie juice, just add a small spoonful of cornstarch and mix well.

Serve on top of asian noodles or spaghetti (rice works too). You can also put sesame seeds on top and/or serve with soy sauce and the oyster sauce so people can add what they like.

Tastes so good!