FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Young Works - updated 30.1 08

Boffel
Hello again!

Me and 3 other friends at school has just started a enterprise named "Young Works".

We are gonna make advertisement for other enterprises like movies, logos, banners, ads. etc...

I have now made a basic layout, animation and design for a flashsite we make, so please take a look at:
www.youngworks.frih.net your all welcome, but the main language is Norwegian.

The flash file is made by me, the 3d animation by another friend (some models and the textures by me), and the gallery images is made by all in the entertainment. We will also get a ".no" domain name soon (for norwegian sites), so im glad we/I have a free web host here at freewebs, so we dont have to pay so much.

Thanks for all comments, and enjoy our site Very Happy

PS. The first replyes is from a old site, now it has been updated alot. Im just not allowed to post a new topic as you know. Confused
sambhav
The site shows a blank page...
Peterssidan
Why do you make the whole site in flash? Isn't it enough to make only the 3D film in flash? You should at least implement a preloader otherwise many people will think that it does not work and go away before it shows up.

Otherwise it looks nice.

sambhav wrote:
The site shows a blank page...

You have to wait until the flash movie is loaded.
irishmark
the site is WAAAAAY to slow.
Boffel
Well, no the site is 1000 times faster then all other sites. Its just that flash loads everything when you enter the page, then you dont have to wait at all anymore.

And also, the movie is the reason the site loads so slow. I will add a preloader for it, as petersidan said. Very Happy
irishmark
Boffel wrote:
Well, no the site is 1000 times faster then all other sites. Its just that flash loads everything when you enter the page, then you dont have to wait at all anymore.

And also, the movie is the reason the site loads so slow. I will add a preloader for it, as petersidan said. Very Happy

um no its not! - its slower! Its too slow to be taken seriously.
SlowWalkere
Gotta agree with Peterssidan here... it's unnecessary for the whole site to load in Flash.

Flash is a great tool, but it shouldn't be over-used. The rest of the website could easily be written in plain HTML or it could be created with a php-driven CMS.

The initial load time would be way less - meaning more people will stay on your site rather than hitting the back button right away. Inside the site, you should embed little bits of flash (like that movie)... but there's no need to create simple static text or a website layout in Flash.

The exception to that would be if you created a totally whacky and interactive site. For example, check out the site for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. The whole thing is interactive, and it couldn't be done any other way...

- Walkere
Boffel
Well now it is alot faster, but I still think its cool to have the whole site in flash.

Its alot proffesional sites that also using flash in the whole site.

ps: The video is pre loaded now.
Boffel
Now the site got a whole new design and layout + much more fun stuff!

All should visit www.youngworks.frih.net Laughing

ps, the site is norwegian, but anyway, you will understand how the site works Wink
benjad
can't read it, but looking at it...

Put more 'art' into it. It looks like you read a 'how to' book, and used stock graphics. Are there any sound fx at all?

The mechanics of making a flash based site you have, now you need to develop the art skills to support it.
Boffel
benjad wrote:
can't read it, but looking at it...

Put more 'art' into it. It looks like you read a 'how to' book, and used stock graphics. Are there any sound fx at all?

The mechanics of making a flash based site you have, now you need to develop the art skills to support it.

Yeah sure! More art will of course come, this is just the basic design and layout...

btw, im not reading a "how to book", this is a site I designed myself, and the red box is a part of our logo. Thats why it is a red box etc...

Anyway, thanks alot for reply, and I will be happy to see more comments Very Happy
kennethi
Well , dont forget that I made all the animation and design now Steffan Wink

And comments about the site is loading slow is wierd, everytime we have load the site it went fast max 3 sec.. try again and see if its still going slow. I doubt it though.
Boffel
kennethi wrote:
Well , dont forget that I made all the animation and design now Steffan Wink

And comments about the site is loading slow is wierd, everytime we have load the site it went fast max 3 sec.. try again and see if its still going slow. I doubt it though.

Yep, you did all the animations, but not models and textures Laughing

btw. the comments about the site is loading slow is from the old flash site, just look at the date.

Now you shouldnt have any problems with that Wink