FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

A whole world out there....

wellerchap
....full of diverse, interesting things, going on constantly......and I still struggle to think of relevant things to post on here Rolling Eyes
I often wonder if my posts are too UK-oriented, not wide enough in subject matter to appeal to people across the globe.
How do YOU manage to inspire yourself to write?
loryl
Actually, it's pretty cool to have a different point of view. I bet most people here are from the United States. While we all have our own points of view, Americans are probably more similar when compared to each other than to residents of other countries. No one wants to read something they totally agree with all the time. That would get boring. Fast. Thus, being different enables you to contribute more, especially when answering threads.
ocalhoun
I'll usually post about something that I was thinking about, which was probably in turn inspired by either something that happened to me or something I read in a book. Heck, I'm sure I've made a few posts that were too American-oriented. It would be very difficult to completely erase your nationality from your posts, and I don't see any great reason to do so.
hlavco
I just reply to existing threads. I'm no good at thinking up new stuff.
Nameless
hlavco wrote:
I just reply to existing threads. I'm no good at thinking up new stuff.

What he said. Except, if I'm feeling really bored or my points are slithering down into oblivion, I'll usually add some random and out of place creativity (or rather, verbosity) into my posts so it looks like I'm really inspired to write, but in reality the chances are nobody will actually read my post anyway so I'm achieving nothing but an almost automatic response in order to the keep the services provided by Frihost.

Quoting things makes it looks like I almost have a relevant point to make.
Tumbleweed
I sometimes wish we got points for reading posts Laughing , I read far far more on Frihost than I write, and often go off and check my info or follow a posted relevent link if I feel like replying , start reading something and forget to come back and post, but all is good my points seem to be ok just replying to the posts I find interesting or feel I can actually think of something worth saying and by worth I mean anything Razz
ankitdatashn
Well I agree to nameless to certain extent, and I also post in much the same way as him......just browsing the topics here and there and post randomly in some forum, I have never created a forum on frihost uptill now!.

And Tumbleweed that a good idea, you must communicate that immediately to the moderators of frihost, maybe then no one will post and the forums will lay static!! [Very Happy].

Anyway I anyway not got much time to post in forums as student life is always helled up.

BTW for topic starters information I'm from India [Smile].
Tumbleweed
ankitdatashn wrote:
Well I agree to nameless to certain extent, and I also post in much the same way as him......just browsing the topics here and there and post randomly in some forum, I have never created a forum on frihost uptill now!.

And Tumbleweed that a good idea, you must communicate that immediately to the moderators of frihost, maybe then no one will post and the forums will lay static!! [Very Happy].

Anyway I anyway not got much time to post in forums as student life is always helled up.

BTW for topic starters information I'm from India [Smile].

I wish I had wings and 7 big lottery wins............but I cant see it happening sooooon Razz
me and my wishfull thinking will have a good idea one day Laughing
missdixy
I get inspiration by observing people, and reading.
Arnie
^ Probably the same for me. Often I get angry at things people say and that gives me enough to write about Razz

Anyway, not in this topic. I'm now inspired to go check out how many topics I actually started myself and what they were about! Be back later Mr. Green

Edit: well most of my topics didn't really kick off, usually short questions about computer stuff. Except in the Dutch section (which I'm trying to keep alive a bit) there I started a few running topics. But really had to think of subjects for those.
tony
what an interesting way to start conversation. actually although you seem not to think you are the creative type, i do believe this shows that you are trying and thinking outside of the box. congratulations! maybe someday you can travel abroad and see that world? i think it is important thing to do if financially possible. well theres the answer to the very open-ended question that!
Zombie
I don't write much actually. I want to, but I've been to busy with school, which actually includes essays... etc. So, yeah, the assignments are what inspire me I suppose.
wellerchap
tony wrote:
what an interesting way to start conversation. actually although you seem not to think you are the creative type,

That'll do !
I feel much better about myself now. Very Happy