FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Love is Love

zegulas
Love is present even in non living things. if I m wrong then why people are mad in love with money (A purly non living structure (Smile)). Well the main point is not money here but love. Love has no separate existance but within the existing beings. We all love but only a few recognize the true one. I give u a simple formula. Sit, relax, and count the things without which you can't live. count and compare every item to discard items from the list. repeat the same till you have only one clear thing in the list. Now the magic!!!! you are getting selfish as you want thing for self. discard the item immidiately without comparission!!!! Sit and Wait for a few seconds. Your heart and your feet will lead you to your true love. the first thing\person now u will choose is your real love and need.
Love is caring about something. So, we can love money-- but it won't love us back. However, love of money is ultimately love of self, as having money only allows us to trade it for something else that makes us happy.

Love is also a choice. If a being doesn't have the ability to make a decision to care (or not to care) about something, then it cannot love. So, if you were forced at gunpoint to care about the well-being of children, you do not necessarily love them. Alternatively, if it is instinctive for you to care about something, then that is not necessarily love either. However, in both cases, you can choose to love if you so desire.
MistaKiula
Hahaha.. here's mine:
Love is seeing an imperfect person, perfectly
seanooi
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
wistom
oh. very right. i agree with you.
wayne1203
i agree to^^
Jack_Hammer
Quote:
if I m wrong then why people are mad in love with money

People love money because with money comes power, as a famous saying goes, 'Money can't bring happines' because they arn't in love with 'Money' there in the concept of owning power etc. what would money be without the concept it represents?, money would be nothing non-existant!?
argha
Money give you the power to buy things it inclued the time .. when you have more money then you can use money to buy time, as time for you becomes less when you focus more on money making.
amusedtoe
Well how is the inanimate object giving love to an animate object giving love. If someone loves said object they're giving the love to it. If someone is loving said object it's hardly love and qualifies as an obsession. Obsessions then qualify as unhealthy.
twisthigh
I love money I'm not gonna lie, and if I wrote that list it would probably be very slefish... I wouldn't choose the love of my life because I don't have one, but my friends and family would deffinetly be there. I'd like to say that I don't need money to be happy, but have you ever seen a happy poor and homeless person... money can't buy happiness (or love) but it will get you the stability you need to grow happy and loving...
budazz
argha wrote:
Money give you the power to buy things it inclued the time .. when you have more money then you can use money to buy time, as time for you becomes less when you focus more on money making.

yeah you're right it seems that money rules the world oooh how terrible.. Shocked
frozenhead
Love

is a word that cannot be defined in a single term...

The word alone is really complicated.. Idea
RavenCross
LOVE is so complex.. It has a profound meaning and is interpreted in many ways.. I myself have felt this.. But most of the time i end up getting hurt or frustrated.. but i guess that's the essence of love.. sacrifice and suffering.. this is jst my 2 cents... Very Happy
ES-usls
Love makes the world go round.. It is the thing that we need right now.. We need to give love to one another... Love=World Peace
SeoJi
I fail to see how love is present in non-living things. Money cannot love, though I can express love for it. There is to many meanings for the word love. Some are illogical and/or just don't make sense. I like that, love is when you have the ability in your mind to turn nothing into something, to me love is on, if not the same level of having passion for something. Which is why this world piece is funny to me, there are people out there who have passion to hate the world...more or less, a majority. World piece is something we fathom, we are not even close enough to see it in the near future.
skfung
O,,
i just thinking love is sex...
Zaheer Khan
i think love is just wastage of time..its just some emotions for time..with the passage of time you change your lover..but there were some persons who were very sincere with their lovers. anyway we can say that
love is sometimes nothing
love is sometimes something
n love is sometimes everything
RA
Zaheer Khan I think you are confusing love with infatuation or lust.
adwya
ITS RIGHT

GOOD
jaleung
seanooi wrote:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

I love your quotes
Really true Smile
Pooki
Nice Text Smile i'm With you
cnnet
love is powerful
it can help us a lot
when we are in trouble
it can give us power
digibluez
Have i been living a lie then,because i thought love is something eatabel
Tasadduq Khan
My opinion is kinda different from you ppl

Love

L=Lost
O=of
V=Valueable
E= Energy

I think this is the best definition of the word love.
what you think?
Very Happy
thebestboy2401
yeesss
i think so
and you ???
lockwolf
You know you're in love when all you can think about is that one special person and you can't stand to be away from them for more then one second. You miss then even though they're standing right next to you. You fall asleep thinking about them, and dream about them every night.
gonzo
zegulas wrote:
Love is present even in non living things.

Love is an act of will. Inanimate objects don't have a will. Therefore they cannot love.

Quote:
why people are mad in love with money
Strictly speaking one cannot love an object. One can however errantly value something higher than true love. One is free to be as foolish as one pleases.

Quote:
Love has no separate existance
Neither does blue.

Quote:
existing beings
Not all beings are capable of love.

Quote:
the things without which you can't live
I don't love air, yet I need it to survive.

I guess in all fairness I should ask: is English not your first language?

I offer this definition of love

Quote:
Love (Theological Virtue)

The third and greatest of the Divine virtues enumerated by St. Paul (1 Cor., xiii, 13), usually called charity, defined: a divinely infused habit, inclining the human will to cherish God for his own sake above all things, and man for the sake of God.

This definition sets off the main characteristics of charity:

(1) Its origin, by Divine infusion. "The charity of God is poured forth in our hearts, by the Holy Ghost" (Rom., v, 5). It is, therefore, distinct from, and superior to, the inborn inclination or the acquired habit of loving God in the natural order. Theologians agree in saying that it is infused together with sanctifying grace, to which it is closely related either by way of real identity, as some few hold, or, according to the more common view, by way of connatural emanation.

(2) Its seat, in the human will. Although charity is at times intensely emotional, and frequently reacts on our sensory faculties, still it properly resides in the rational will a fact not to be forgotten by those who would make it an impossible virtue.

(3) Its specific act, i.e. the love of benevolence and friendship. To love God is to wish Him all honour and glory and every good, and to endeavour, as far as we can, to obtain it-for Him. St. John (xiv, 23; xv, 14) emphasizes the feature of reciprocity which makes charity a veritable friendship of man with God.

(4) Its motive, i.e., the Divine goodness or amiability taken absolutely and as made known to us by faith. It matters not whether that goodness be viewed in one, or several, or all of the Divine attributes, but, in all cases, it must be adhered to, not as a source of help, or reward, or happiness for ourselves, but as a good in itself infinitely worthy of our love, in this sense alone is God loved for His own sake. However, the distinction of the two loves: concupiscence, which prompts hope; and benevolence, which animates charity, should not be forced into a sort of mutual exclusion, as the Church has repeatedly condemned any attempts at discrediting the workings of Christian hope.

(5) Its range, i.e., both God and man. While God alone is all lovable, yet, inasmuch as all men, by grace and glory, either actually share or at least are capable of sharing in the Divine goodness, it follows that supernatural love rather includes than excludes them, according to Matt., xxii, 39, and Luke, x, 27. Hence one and the same virtue of charity terminates in both God and man, God primarily and man secondarily.

Additionally

Quote:
“The law of divine love is the standard for all human actions”.

"It is evident that not all are able to labor at learning and for that reason Christ has given a short law. Everyone can know this law and no one may be excused from observing it because of ignorance. This is the law of divine love. As scripture says, The Lord will quickly execute sentence upon the earth.

This law should be the standard for all human actions. In the case of products of human manufacture, each product is considered right and good when it conforms to a standard. So also each human act is considered right and virtuous when it conforms to the standard of divine love. But when a human act does not conform to the standard of love, then it is not right, nor good, nor perfect.

This law of divine love accomplishes in a person four things that are much to be desired. First, it is the cause of one’s spiritual life. For it is evident that by the very nature of the action what is loved is in the one who loves. Therefore whoever loves God possesses God in himself; for scripture says, Whoever remains in love remains in God and God in him. It is the nature of love to transform the lover into the object loved. And so if we love God, we ourselves become divinized; for again, Whoever is joined to God becomes one spirit with him. Augustine adds, “As the soul is the life of the body, so God is the life of the soul.” Thus the soul acts virtuously and perfectly when she acts through charity, and through charity God lives in her; indeed, without charity she cannot act; for scripture says, Whoever does not love, remains in death. If a person possesses all the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but lacks charity, that person has no life. For it matters not whether one has the grace of tongues, or the gift of faith, or any other gift such as prophecy; these do not bring life without charity. Even if a dead body should be adorned with gold and precious jewels, it nevertheless remains dead.

The second point about charity is that it leads to the observance of the divine commandments. Gregory the Great says that charity is not idle. For charity is present if one is occupied about great things; but if one is not so occupied, charity is not present. We see a lover do great and difficult things because of the one loved, and that is why the Lord says, Whoever loves me will keep my word. Whoever keeps this command and the law of divine love fulfills the whole law. A third point about charity is that it provides protection against adversity. For misfortune cannot harm one who has charity; rather it becomes useful to that person; as scripture says, All things work for good for those who love God. Furthermore, misfortune and difficulties seem pleasant to the lover, and our own experience verifies this.

A fourth point about charity is that it truly leads to happiness, since eternal blessedness is promised only to those who have charity. For all other things are insufficient without charity. You must note that it is only the different degrees of charity, and not those of any other virtues, which constitute the different degrees of blessedness. Many of the saints were more abstemious than the apostles, but the apostles excel all the other saints in blessedness because of their higher degree of charity."

From a conference by St. Thomas Aquinas (Opuscula, In duo praecenta... Ed. J.P. Torrel, in Revue des Sc. Phil. Et Théol., 69, 1985, pp. 26-29.
Kashinilaya
Reading the forum rules, I understood that I should not initiate a new topic, once I found the words Love and Passion under this topic.
However it seems to be a slightly different discussion.
So, if the moderators feel they should, please move it to a new topic.
I would suggest the title “Love and Passion.”

How many times I’ve heard the expression “falling in love”!
How many times I’ve seen people mistaking love for passion and vice-versa!
When one says “I’m falling in love” one actually means “I’m overwhelmed by passion.”
And passion is such a strong feeling, that it’s common to believe it’s love.
But they are actually two completely different things!
I’m not setting up some new theory.
I just want to stress out the difference between the two feelings.

For the sake of one own happiness,
the true meaning of the two words should be well understood,
before thinking of or pronouncing them.
Passion wants, love gives; passion expects, love does; passion demands, love offers;
passion grips, love frees; passion bonds, love expands; passion ends, love is everlasting;
passion is fire, love is warmth; passion is a point, love is infinite!
Passion creates need, dependence on the object of our desire;
passion cultivates jealousy, mistrust and even hatred.
Love builds up freedom, independence in the heart of both the lover and the beloved;
love inspires trust and lead to spiritual growth.

The only purpose of passion is to focus our attention on the object of our love.
Having accomplished this goal, passion should fulfill its greatest aspiration:
to be transformed into love!
So, next time you fall in love, pay attention to your feelings.
Have you lost your appetite, or your sleep? Can’t you live without her/him?
Are you afraid of saying/doing something that will put an end to the relationship?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then beware, it’s not love, it’s passion!
On the other hand, if your relationship is permeated with mutual liberty,
trust and unconditional care, congratulations!
You’ve reached the blissful, eternal and divine realm of love!
earthchild
Love is obviously a word that means many things to many people, and chances are many of us feel confused by love - but love is not meant to make one suffer, nor make one cry...

Love itself is pure resplendant beauty reflected from within to all things around you. If you really want to feel love and know it intimately begin with yourself. Your heart is wise.

skfung wrote:
O,,
i just thinking love is sex...

that is lust my friend - confuse the two and you could be in for a bumpy ride Wink
mark
You only find true love once in your lifetime.
spinout
love is then FOOD!

That was the thing I choose to survive!
deanhills
kenxeiko
Ahh damn, that cat is cute.. Mad
lucascoelho
Ok, let me try to put it in a clearer way:

Laughing Cool Wink Shocked Very Happy Laughing Cool Wink Shocked Very Happy
spinout
hah, that happy row can be dismissed in my life!

So that equation goes bad directly! Laughing
lucascoelho
spinout wrote:
hah, that happy row can be dismissed in my life!

Really? Ow, I'm sorry for that... Sad

God bless you and bring happiness to your life!

Live with love and make that row true!!!
SinoVax
love is in short everything.
busman
Love is truely non-existant... All relationships are hard intense work and passion, not romantic comedy style love. Love=Undying passion thats all love is.
HVLGruppen
Love is a peculiar thing. I hope you find an good love!
johans
MistaKiula wrote:
Hahaha.. here's mine:
Love is seeing an imperfect person, perfectly

well, its part of being inlove.. Me, love with all your heart and do it with much of all your efforts.
sanjaya200
Love is a giving and taking of two hearts,
Love is shearing and caring without complaining,
love is walking the extra mile taking the extra bit of effort to satisfy your loved one
Love is magic in your life that does miracles

wow love
kenxeiko
I couldn't ... I couldn't ... Mad
samanyolu077
my love is Sad
briankid
SinoVax wrote:
love is in short everything.
biboopro
Love is very beautifull!
jesta