FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Welcome to beijing of china!

Dbarkol
I am a chinese too, Welcome to beijing In 2008! Very Happy Smile Laughing

Tian An-men of Beijing

The Great Wall

loryl
Awesome. Tiananmen was still under construction (they were fixing stuff, I guess) last time I went; there were ugly green supports all over the place. Things change so fast in China. Can't wait to visit it again. Smile
Dbarkol
Very Happy HI,loryl,Nice to meet you.Don't know which one year did you come to beijing, but Just like what you said Things change so fast in China. In order to meet 2008 Olympic Games , at present , many gymnasiums and stadiums and life recreational facilities are being built. One brand-new Beijing will present to you , welcome you to come over Beijing of China again!
ileuriza
How's 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing?
sopetite
l love china! Not only am i chinese (half) but I just adore that country. The sceneries are wonderful. My dad is crazy to go back there. (he's full blooded chinese)

But i'm not into the olympics. it's not good for the environment, the new place they're building for it
Dbarkol
The 29th Olympic Games will open formally on August 8,2008 in Beijing. Honestly, Everything is both advantageous and disadvantageous, but i think hosting the Olympic Games is still more advantages than disadvantages, Let’s all wish the best for the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing.
tijn01
Yes China is a beautiful place. A very amazing country to see.
Flarkis
Yes china is an amazing country i travelled there this summer when they did the 1 year count down to the Olympics and when they took 1 million cars of the street. Truly a beautiful country.
tabifu
When my brother came to China he asked me if I thought the Great Wall was really that big of a deal or if he should skip it (he was concerned about the 2 or 3 hour ride from the center of Beijing). I told him: you can't go to Beijing and skip the Great Wall! Seriously, it's not overrated like some tourist attractions. I did a trek from Jinshanling to Simitai, and it was more beautiful than I could've imagined. Badaling is the most visited section; that's where you can see the olympic stadium (the "bird's nest"). Jinshanling is less frequented but still in good shape, while Simitai is a little more crumbly. There were some steep slopes I had to go down quite carefully as one slip would've found me rolling over the railing-less edge and down the mountain.

Beijing is also fun to visit if you're studying Chinese, because people sound just like the CDs that come with your textbook. ^_^
hamihaha
tabifu wrote:
You can't go to Beijing and skip the Great Wall! Seriously, it's not overrated like some tourist attractions.

What touristic places did you find overrated in China?

tabifu wrote:
Beijing is also fun to visit if you're studying Chinese, because people sound just like the CDs that come with your textbook. ^_^

Haha!
Someone told me the best mandarin was not spoken in Beijing (too much "...er") but in close cities (just as Shijiazhuang), is it true?
china
everyone who want to find a free guide in Beijing,please email to spf19871001@163.com
I need to improve my english
just so
takashiro
Humm... Really great! A Great number of foreigners will come to China this year.
tijn01
I visited China a couple of years ago and I really did enjoy Beijing. It was witner and pretty cold, but the smog wasn't as bad as in Summer. I also visited the great Wall, we did a wonderful walk from Simitai to somewhere elese, the name has slipped me. However scenery wise the South of Chine is a lot pretier especially the Yunan and Sechuan provinces, delightful and breath taking view over the mountains and valleys.

If only the Chinese would speak better English :oops: , since my Chinese sucks :oops:
zjosie729
hamihaha wrote:

Someone told me the best mandarin was not spoken in Beijing (too much "...er") but in close cities (just as Shijiazhuang), is it true?

I wouldn't say there's too much "er". There are definitely some, but overall it's still very good mandarin. I've never heard of Shijiazhuang before, what part of China is that in?
nivinjoy
I would love to visit China for the Great wall...I am looking forward for the Olympics to come as soon as possible..so that i can catch with some of the exotic locales of China....

Good luck to all chinese people at Frihost...
Masacchi
My relatives live in Beijing. =D Have you ever been to the cathedrals in that city? The ones around the early 1900s were ones my great-grandfather built.

As for me, I've never been to China, let alone Beijing, but wow, from those pics.. I want to go even more now. Tiananmen Square looks so pretty^^.