FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Know ur age!!!

zegulas
If you have mind then please try it...................................

DO NOT CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!

It takes less than a minute ....
Work this out as you read ...
Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!
This is not one of those waste of time things, it's fun.

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have

chocolate (more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator ....

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755 .... If you haven't, add 1754.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number .

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are ....

YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2005) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS
Monkeydog
Razz it does work...now I want some chocolate...
MistaKiula
OMG WTF! NICE!!! LOL!!! THAT"S SO COOL!!!
Antoine_935
Wow ! amazing ! It works... fine calculaton Wink
seanooi
right on the spot. this is a pretty amazing way of indirectly asking for ones age, expecially girls, hahahaha
psycosquirrel
Laughing

I don't eat chocolate, so my age was off Very Happy
coolclay
Some people just have to much time on their hands to figure useless things like this out. But anyways it was sorta nifty.
waiteck
All I can say is amazing, interesting and nice!.. But.. It wont work for people who are 100 years old or older. :p
myrevolt
According to that I am over twice as old as I really am Razz oh well I guess that means I'm more "mature" Rolling Eyes
Monkeydog
myrevolt wrote:
According to that I am over twice as old as I really am Razz oh well I guess that means I'm more "mature" Rolling Eyes

you probably did the math wrong Rolling Eyes
Jack_Hammer
It's not amazing really it's just like saying add how many times you like to have chocolate every week then add your age onto the end, it's just some extra calculations inbetween...

Rolling Eyes
LostOverThere
How does that work?
What the? Thats really creepy, thank-you for sharing. Razz
ignition
Wow that surprised me lol Smile
mOrpheuS
Jack_Hammer wrote:
It's not amazing really it's just like saying add how many times you like to have chocolate every week then add your age onto the end, it's just some extra calculations inbetween...

Rolling Eyes

what else ?

You pick "x" as the number of times you want to eat icecream.
multiply by 2 => 2x
add 5 => 2x + 5
multiply by 50 => 100x + 250
add 1755 if you had your birthday already this year => 100x + 2005 Exclamation
subtract your birth year => 100x + current year - birth year = 100x + your age in years.

if you haven't already had your birthday this year, you add 1754...to get 2004 instead of 2005, which will yield your correct age in that case.

Quote:
THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2005) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS

it'll work next year too...just use 1756 and 1755 instead of the current numbers.
amusedtoe
That's acctually pretty impressive, even if it's only because someone bothered to take the take the time and come up with this. Laughing
adwya
iam 22 year old
born in 11-6-1983

Smile
twisthigh
That was cute, I had allready had that in an e-mail once, and it worked, I just wanted to make sure you copied it right, and you did!! It's pretty cool, I dunno why some people are so... it's a waste of time... it's fun!
Dustwars9
That was a cool math thing. I once had a math teecher have our class do a problem like that to try and get us more interested in math.
avblue
That's really cool! I'm going to go crazy spreading that around to my friends, haha.
eggtart
it works!!!!
cool!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
izimngcubes15
That is cool....I never knew it would work....yet again why wouldn't it?
avblue
I wonder who actually thinks this stuff up and figures it all out. oO Must have a lot of time on their hands, hah.
sibbahz
These things used to scare me in lower school they read my mind!
nilsmo
zegulas wrote:

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have
chocolate (more than once but less than 10)
2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)
3. Add 5
4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator ....
5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1755 .... If you haven't, add 1754.
6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.
You should have a three digit number .
The first digit of this was your original number (i.e., how many times you want to have chocolate each week).
The next two numbers are ....
YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!!!!)

Let us investigate why this works:
let x be "the number of times a week you would like to have chocolate"
let y be your year of birth
1. x
2. 2x
3. 2x+5
4. 50(2x+5)=100x+250
5: 100x+250+1755=100x+2005 OR 100x+250+1754=100x+2004
6: 100x+2005-y OR 100x+2004-y
2005-y will be a two digit number that is your age, like 55. 100x will be a three digit number like 200: 2 chocolates a week times a hundred (100x). When those are added together, the sum is 255: 2 is x (choco. per week) and 55 is your age.

Algebra always works! Very Happy
Zaheer Khan
thats really cool.. it really works...i got my exact age Shocked
rpp
loll. this is good stuff.
Cragger
I never expect this stuff to work Rolling Eyes

Wierd but cool Very Happy
nilsmo
Nobody should be amazed of this--it's just a bit of simple working of the associative property!
Frelina
Oh, it's cool... works... Laughing But, like nilsmo sad, algebra always works! Very Happy
greekcovers
Not very amazing but i want the chocolate ! Very Happy
joejoeshabadoo
really cool. didn't think it would work!
jmeirinhos
this is so damn weiirddd Shocked Shocked Shocked

why does it only works this year, 2005 ?
DJGuardy
I've seen this before, I got it forwarded to me by a friend, and it's pretty cool. By the way, nice math Morpheus
bigdan
OMG! Shocked That works! Very Happy
jaleung
Ohh Amazing!
How can it do that? Laughing
Pooki
H0ly ShiT Nice TRiCk ! Very Happy
CCR
Cute I love math tricks casue alot of people are just supprized it works and really do not notice that its a simple problem but in word format and it was not you could see how it worked right way . Word problems are the BEST for hiding the true nature of a problem.
Guess who
WOAH THAT THING IS KOOl i thought i was wastin my time but i did it i was lIKE WTF Laughing
dan751
I don't understand. It didn't work for me. I got the three digit # as "-179". I chose 3 times for chocolate and my age is 16. Please explain to me how this works.
Alacarde
I got it when I used your age. The number was 316.

I assumed that you already had your birthday this year, and were born in 1989.

Use a calculator, and don't use the distributive property or anything.

i.e., not (3*2+5*50+1755-1989)

Instead it should be: 3*2=x, x+5=x, x*50=x, x+1755=x, x-1989=x

(I think, the math may be wrong, I suck at algebra.)
JaeCee
It's funny how many people get so impressed about simple maths problems ..
But this is kid's stuff compared to what you can do with maths. *stares at stupid university calculus homework*

I hate maths -_-
dan751
Oh! Now I see, it does work! That's pretty kewl! Yes, I already had my birthday this year. And I figured out why I couldn't get it to work before, I multiplied by 5 not 55. I'm tired, that's why I must not have got it at first. Perhaps I shouldn't stay up very late as often.Smile All in all, that's a pretty neat trick.Very Happy
Alacarde
For everyone who seems to be having math problems, this JavaScript code will do it all for you...lol.

http://www.burnett-tek.frihost.net/age.htm

And of course I wrote it. Feel free to donate billions and billions of dollars. Smile
mOrpheuS
Alacarde wrote:
For everyone who seems to be having math problems, this JavaScript code will do it all for you...lol.

http://www.burnett-tek.frihost.net/age.htm

And of course I wrote it. Feel free to donate billions and billions of dollars. Smile

Hey !
Your java script asks for my birth year !!!

how difficult is it to find out my age once you know my year of birth ?
Rolling Eyes

I guess I'm not giving you those billion dollars yet. Laughing
nhl4000
Hahaha! This is cool! I like making these off the top of my head. It's pretty easy, but it can be hard if your not good in math. Very Happy
Herbz3
Wait how can i be 2345??? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Just kiddin...
Its all math though, i used to come up with those kind of tricks in my math class.
matt87
I love those math problems like that. I always try to figure out how they work but always get lost. Does anyone have any other ones like this? If you do please post them. Thanks, Matt.
Indyan
really neat Very Happy
Joha
Really cool stuff!! =)
the666bbq
why not skip the heavy math discussion and skip all the unnecessary steps in between :

do you know the year it is this year ? substract the (four digit) representation of the year you were born in and if you are not born this year substract one more...

there is a slogan of a pretty good tv channel coming to mind :

You're an inspiration for birth control Wink
cavalkaf
Yet another cool math thing.
Keshav
I had seen this before... It's an easy trick!!
shwetanshu
hey got this in a mail forward long time back, but first time i was surprised too
Mark999111
well it was a year out, but nice
luckero
Very nice Very Happy
guissmo
This one's so cool.. I didn't recognize that my age was in the three digit number!!
Varun
i dont care about my age cos i already know it...i want those cho
barrie
Think umm i know i look older than i am but this thing tells me i'm 66?? dude i really need some fresh air (i'm 16 btw)
supersonic
I have done this already. But I did it in 2003 and some of it was different.
OutlawSpirit
haha, it works... funny Cool
bdoneck
i dont see how people are so amazed its a basic math equation, you could do something like that for anything.
Shade of Blue
bdoneck wrote:
i dont see how people are so amazed its a basic math equation, you could do something like that for anything.

It's not amazing, it's just too much trouble to figure out yourself (for me, anyway), so it's kind of surprising when it works.

Man, I hate math.
KHO
lol, l've gotten that chain mail like 15x already, it works great, l also got one about cake for 2004 Very Happy
avk
It is really too cool. I did get my age and
Now I would like to have some chocolates..............
draginphlie
that is like, so cool! I want chocolate..brb
draginphlie
*eats m&m's and a butterfinger mini* ha ha!
iloveu00
Haha cool , tks for posting .
Alkku
Wow..
That really works.
I've seen many of those, but nothin of those haven't work.. Smile
But if it's year 2006, you just +1 in that 1755 number.
Ant if it's 2007, you +2 in it.
It's easy! Smile
Yacoob
WOW, amazing, it works!!! whoever thought of this is a genius!
SeoJi
This is an old trick but slightly adjusted. Very clever none the less.