FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DOTA

ileuriza
hi..who plays here DOTA??..can we play ing the GG clinet next time??..reply here..^_^
rappn
I used to play DotA!
Funny as hell, but for some reason, my Warcraft 3 / Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne CD-KEYS got banned from the europe realm, where i played with my friends!

I dont know why they banned me, i have never ever cheated, and i dont like the bastards that does it!

But when i was playing, i loved to be Rikimaru, because his damage was good and his smokescreen is good!
Some other characters i used to be;
Pudge - Hook for life! Razz
Keeper of the Light (Sometimes!) - He is good if you get a good start, otherwise, useless!
Tinker - Thoose mines! Hahaha
Bounty Hunter - Backstab, backstab and backstab Razz
Shadow Fiend - That hero is just to good to be true, honestly i played with him more than Riki!

I think i will go to the store some day and buy a new WC3 / Frozen Throne CD-key, just to play DotA!

///Over and out!
RoBaN09
hey i play dota i just have never gotten gg client to work care to help me some time?

pm me or something because i really want to get that up and working
SamiTheBerber
I played RoC DotA few times alone. I don't have the Frozen Throne to play DotA Allstars, but maybe that will be fixed on the future Wink

Great game Smile
Sparda
Dota is a custom game I play occasionally on my FT Warcraft III. Sometimes if i feel like playing a strategy type game I would either play Melee or Dota. I never heard of this GG Client before. I'll have to do myself a Google search when I get the chance to. As far as a specifc character in Dota.. I usually pick a ranged hero which is mostly being some form of an archer.
takashiro
I have never heard such a game before. Very Happy Smile

gibbo
what is DOTA and what is it about? iv heard it in a song made by basshunter, is it a game not available in the UK?
amysanders
im confused what is DOTA
Sparda
Answer to the "What is Dota" questions..

Dota is a custom map created for a game called Warcraft III. Whenever someone installs Warcraft III, the user can also have the Warcraft Editor installed which allows users to make maps themselves. Theres many maps that people have made, and Dota seems to be played mostly out of all Warcraft III custom maps. Oh, Dota stands for something. Here is how it should look:

Defense
Of
The
Ancients

A little about the map..

Okay, there are two teams. Scorge and Sentinal. Each player in the game gets to choose their own hero depending on which game mode the Host (Person hosting the game) chooses. So then heros level up off creeps and other heroes on the opposite team. Defeating heros on the other team gives gold/exp. With gold, players can buy these items that will enhance their hero to be better. Now the objective of this map is to get to the opposing team's base and destroy their main building. Once that building is destroyed, the team destroying it wins.
SamiTheBerber
I like to play more on Sentinel. Both hordes are equal, but I have never lost in single play, when I'm only here around. I haven't try if one side wins if there are no heroes. Have you tested this?
andy26
it sounds pretty good but i really dont want to get world of war craft nooo way........
Kelcey
All my roommate does is play DOTA. I've tried it once.
Legolas710
I have! Razz
I don't find it that interesting though.
war3brasil
i enjoy more TDs and RPGs, but someday i will try to play dota.. some of my friends play it
SamiTheBerber
andy26 wrote:
it sounds pretty good but i really dont want to get world of war craft nooo way........
It doesn't need World of Warcraft. It needs Warcraft III, but the "better" version needs also expansion set.