FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Has anyone here played S.t.a.l.k.e.r yet?

gibbo
Iv started playing it and so far its really good, you have to have a pretty darn high spec computer im running a 2.4ghz processor with 512ram and a 256 navidia 6200 and i have to have the graphics on medium and it takes 3 mins for it all to warm up, ang the game also requiers you to have 10gb fre hard disk space i thought this was mad when i saw it needed and did need 10Gb of storage space. any way back to the game, so far im stuck in some old military base that im ment to steal documents from, i acidently left my friends to fight alone when taking a break so iv got my friends plus the enemy shooting me which isnt very good at all to say the least, any way does anyone have any idea how good this game is overall and how long the game is, it seems quite intersting to me so far.
datter
It struck me as a great idea for a game, implemented poorly. That said, if it had of been released when it was supposed to be (long, long ago) it might have been looked on far more favorably. WHen it finally did come out games like Half Life 2 and Far Cry had already set a pretty high standard for story driven FPS, and for open area/graphically sweet shooting environments so Stalker felt like a bit of been-there-done-that as far as that goes.

Sure it was touting an open environment and RPG like nature, but those fell short and overall I thought the game lacked.
gibbo
iv found its a pretty hard game as its mainly stealth as iv found but i think the stealth im the game isnt good as enemys easily spot you when your hideing
achowles
I started playing and decided to stop again. The amount of bugs in that game became apparent all too quickly. I've got the latest patch and there are still some major bugs even in the main storyline.

Plus that MP5... what is that even meant to be? Pathetic is the only word that I have for it.

Once they've got it fixed up then I'll go back to it as the game does interest me a lot. I'm just not going to play it while it's practically unplayable.
Alie
Quote:
The amount of bugs in that game became apparent all too quickly.

It would be very interesting to hear what kind of bugs troubling you after patching the game?
Unplayable game could be Gothic III, but not S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I'm not going to discus this point, because it's really little far from being Game of the Year and even further then P.R. promisses, but it is still a good game.
Just can't await untill 1.1 patch and add-on S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky.
andy26
Is it worth downloading the patches because im about quarter of the way in the game i think, and i was just wondering if its worth while and wwhat differnce it will make?
spykE
Well I still think it's a pretty good game, there has gone a lot of effort in this, despite the bugs that there are still in the final release.
wabik90
S.T.A.L.K.E.R? No, I haven't... but It is not the newest game. I read about this game few months ago... and it was a review, so it was released long(not very but long) time ago.
I've heard that it is good game. It is some kind of FPS wit RPG elements, isn't it? If you've read some good review it would be nice if you placed link here Very Happy
Alie
Quote:
and i was just wondering if its worth while and wwhat differnce it will make?

Up to patch 1.0004 were made many dialog fixes, lots of repeated quests' bugs fixes, few game crashes after conversating with professor Saharov, game crash after killing pseudodog in location Radar, multi CPU using (after patch 1.0004), multiplayer game fixes and A-Life fixes. B.t.w. after 1.0001 character's protection suits tears with the time like weapons, also exosceleton can be bought in Military location.

More information about the game you'll find at http://www.stalker-game.com.
marrs
Yep played a bit of it but it wasn't what I expected from a FPS.
Graphics not very good either didn't complete the game though due to the release of half life 2.
Other games which are far better include:

Far cry

Half Life 2

Cyrsis

Fear
marrs
X-ray graphics engine runnning stalker

The X-ray Engine is a DirectX 8.1/9 Shader Model 3.0 graphics engine. Up to a million polygons can be on-screen at any one time. The engine features HDR rendering, parallax and normal mapping, soft shadows, motion blur, widescreen support, weather effects and day/night cycles. As with other engines that utilise deferred shading, the X-ray Engine does not support anti-aliasing with dynamic lighting enabled. However, a "fake" form of anti-aliasing can be enabled with the static lighting option; this format utilizes a technique to blur the image to give the false impression of anti-aliasing.The game takes place in a thirty square kilometer area, and both the outside and inside of this area is rendered to the same amount of detail. Some textures in the game were simply photographs of the walls in the developers' studio.
brizl
what system is it for
bulek
I have played stalker and I must say that it's pretty good game. It's a little bit unoptimized so you need pretty good computer for very average graphics. But gameplay and story are good, maybe the end of the game is a little bit strange in my opinion.
deathdefier
My one friend got it from steam and he says it's really buggy. Graphics looks awesome, and kinda reminds me of fear in a way. If they ever fix the bugs i might consider fixing it.
gibbo
wabik90 wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R? No, I haven't... but It is not the newest game. I read about this game few months ago... and it was a review, so it was released long(not very but long) time ago.
I've heard that it is good game. It is some kind of FPS wit RPG elements, isn't it? If you've read some good review it would be nice if you placed link here Very Happy

it came out last year or this year, it was late when released
Fake
Ive had it for ages. But its not as good as I thought it would be. I love Call of Duty so much Smile