FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FLASHING LINES when getting asleep

nisibdv
When I go to bed at night and everything is silent and I begin to get asleep, but with my consciousness still a little bit awake, if an abrupt sound is made, like the one produced by a hard object striking against the floor, I can see in my mind an abrupt regular image full of bright lines. That lines are commonly alternating white and black, but i can see coloured lines too. The flash lasts a very very short time, first the abrupt sound and inmediatly after that the flaching lines. I searched the internet and couldnt find nothing similar. Did anyone have this experience before? Does someone knows the cause. These lines dont worry me, but I feel very curious about them.
Srs2388
that is the hypnagogic state right before you are entering a dream.
you could use this to your advantage and have a lucid dream.
also in this you will hear thing too... it's 'normal' not very many people do this naturally without trying.
nisibdv
Thank you very much for your answer, i read about it on the web and it seems to be what you said. I also have auditory hallucinations on the procees of sleeping, i use to hear a very loud conforting music. thanks again.