FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to disable network connection in different users

tamilparks
Hellow i want to know how to disable the network connection to restruct for some users and it will be opened for admin
SgtGarcia
Can you try to be a bit more specific about what you want?
It looks like you want to disable the network connection for certain users, but it should be available for the admin and some other users?
I don't know an easy solution for this, but somebody else might know
tamilparks
Quote:
SgtGarcia Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:22 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you try to be a bit more specific about what you want?
It looks like you want to disable the network connection for certain users, but it should be available for the admin and some other users?
I don't know an easy solution for this, but somebody else might know

hellwo sgtgarcia ya the same one only it should be available for the admin and other users may be not have the network connection. is there any solution
blueray
You may by using a login script that execute a command and re-enable the net interface.
Also, a logout script that bring it down once the admin was leave out the computer.

Then, you turn the net interface off all the time.

Take a look of this command to see if it help.

At the command prompt, type netsh -> interface -> show interface ( you found a list of interface )
the last command you have to use was the set command and set the connect state to the following:

Enabled
Disable
Connected
Disconnected

Hope this help
Sunny
Question isnt very clear, you dont want them to access network connection(settings) or network
itself?

Anyways if its setting then you you can make them a Guest account. In Windows XP SP2, Guest accounts do not get to see the network connections installed(tho they can use network and see ip through etc through dos), so they cannnot change the settings. I think may be thats what you want?
nam_siddharth
Guest users cannot access Network for file sharing, but they can still access internet. Do you want internet access too? If yes then I'll need to know which type of internet connection your PC have. Do your PC connect directly to ISP or through a network computer?

Also tell, which operation system you are using? Is your computer member of a Domain/Workgroup?
blueray
For a much simply alternate method. You could disable the net inferface all the time and because user haven't enough user permissions (right) to enable it so not one could use it to access network resources including Internet.

When Admins do required it. They all can re-enable it.
Here is how,

Start Menu -> Network & Dialup connections -> Right-click the Local Area Connection Icon -> Property -> click either enable or disable menu item

-- Hope this help --
Bones
What OS are you using? This is pretty easy to do in Windows Vista, you can restrict internet access to specific times for specific users.
tamilparks
ok very nice tips i am using Windows XP,

the detail is while the admin can have the Network acess and internet browsing,

other users like guest or some other account no need to browse internet or network...

I am using the LAN connection only...