FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Grindhouse

Zaini711
Anyone seen both movies back to back ? Death Proof (Grindhouse 1) and Planet Terror (Grindhouse 2).

Wicked... How about Machete ? Even though it is a fake trailer but check out the action.

A fun and wonderful movie project by Tarantino and Rodriguez that pay homage to a time that was...

A good movies just like the old days where we just went to the theatre to enjoy 2 hours of fun
carlospro7
I saw it a while ago on theatres. A very fun movie. Really enjoyed, specially the trailers in between. I didn't like the amount of talking that there was in Planet terror, I was starting to get really bored at all the dialogs, but nonetheless the car scene are really fun to watch.
scottycrip
I saw them both at the movies and on dvd. The dvd's are good, but they lack the cool trailers. I assumed they would be included as bonus features but they weren't. Maybe they're holding out for a special edition w/both movies on it. Overall though, both movies are great together or separate.
McDucque
They're both very good films when they stand alone on dvd, but I immensly enjoyed the experience of seeing them both back to back in theatres, with the transitions and trailers and such.

As far as I remember, "they" want to produce Machete into a full-fledged movie, Danny Trejo and Cheech Marin are totally up for it.

The DVD's for Death Proof and Planet Terror are pretty good, I noticed the extra material even after reading at one point it was hardly noticeable. I found that hard to believe.
ambrose69
I skipped on seeing Grindhouse at the show because of the long running time. I watched both back to back on DVD and loved the experience. Deathproof was fun, but it seemed to me that some of the characters were talking the same way that Quentin always writes them. His writing was fresh and fantastic in PULP FICTION, but the conversation the four chicks were having in the back of the car seemed far too fake to me. LOVED Planet Terror, too much to go into detail and Rose Mcgoven did one hell of a performance. I missed out on the trailers only shown at the show (Eli Roth's Thanksgiving). I'm hoping they will put out a box set with all of the trailers.
duskraider31
ambrose69 wrote:
I skipped on seeing Grindhouse at the show because of the long running time. I watched both back to back on DVD and loved the experience. Deathproof was fun, but it seemed to me that some of the characters were talking the same way that Quentin always writes them. His writing was fresh and fantastic in PULP FICTION, but the conversation the four chicks were having in the back of the car seemed far too fake to me. LOVED Planet Terror, too much to go into detail and Rose Mcgoven did one hell of a performance. I missed out on the trailers only shown at the show (Eli Roth's Thanksgiving). I'm hoping they will put out a box set with all of the trailers.

Grindhouse was awesome. My two favorite directors just happen to be good friend. Heaven! but as far as Death Proof goes, the dialogue was stunted for a reason. If you look at the scene in the restaurant when Zoe Bell is showing the article to the girls, you will see someone in the background. That was the whole purpose of that scene and dialogue. It was to avoid the real point. When he figures out where they are going, you see him exit. Tarantino is genius but that movie had questionable dialogue .
Fake
I am gonna get it on DVD. I want to see how the filmed the chick on the mood of the car. Looks so real and so GOOD!
blk3
Haven't whatched it yet. Im planning on watching it when it comes to DVD.
Guyon
I was originally very excited to see this, but after some of the reviews lost interest. Not that the reviewers are always right, especially in that type of a movie.

Also it seem that there are many complaints about long movies lately. Long movies never bother me as long as they keep you interest. In fact some of the shorter movies annoy me more. I sometimes leave feeling cheated. Not only because of the length, but content. they seem like the story is rushed just to get though it.
duskraider31
I agree, some short movies do cheat you, because they lead up to.....nothing. You expect a big pay off but you get pissed in the face and a little shorter on money. grindhouse works though, because it is so extreme you are always reward every second, especially in death planet.
Bilkers
I saw Grindhouse 2 the other week and enjoyed the style! The trailer at the start was superbly made. Even enjoyed the cnematics at the start.

I would say that this might not be to everyone's taste.