FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Going rate - should I sell?

tahoestyle
Ok so I have had this domain for close to 5yrs now. Just recently someone is showing interest in buying the rights to my domain. The domain is Tahoestyle.com ...being born in Tahoe this domain is more than just a website business for me. It's my way of showing web presence in a place where I was born in my own style...get it, tahoestyle Wink anyways...the person who is interested in buying right to the domain was also born in Lake Tahoe - I have not gotten to the point of what his intentions for the site is if a deal were to be made becuase I am hesistant of selling the domain. I do have Tahoestyle.net but you just cant get a decent .com name nowadays.
So my question is, If I do sell what is fair market value for a domain such as Tahoestyle.com? I have tried looking at apprasials online and it has ranged from $31 dollars upwards to $30,000 -
Any recommendations? Honestly if I did sell I would probably sell at what its worth to me personally and how much business I could potentially lose rather than going rate....
Any advice?
brokenadvice
Think of the price that you would be happy giving it up for. For instance: If you would be happy with $500 extra in your pocket with the domain tahoestyleman.com, then go for that.
tahoestyle
Thanks for the advice...Any other advice...just curious......