FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Installing Leopard on PC in 3 Steps





prole
just read about it. thought maybe interesting to share with tweakers. Wink

not a mac fan though. Cool

link 1: http://dailyapps.net/2007/10/hack-attack-install-leopard-on-your-pc-in-3-easy-steps/

link 2: http://forum.osx86scene.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2008&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Srs2388
I'm trying to get this on a partition with vista but i have AMD Sad
DarkAkira
Wait for iAtkos. Less issues, easier to do.
Srs2388
i have tiger on another PC of mine it runs great.... i can't begin to sat how much faster it loads than xp does on it...
i want it on my laptop tho Sad it seems impossible to get it to work on a partition
prole
Srs2388 wrote:
i have tiger on another PC of mine it runs great.... i can't begin to sat how much faster it loads than xp does on it...
i want it on my laptop tho Sad it seems impossible to get it to work on a partition


oh i see. Sad

hopefully i will install it someday on mine too then, since it does not work on a partition.
DarkAkira
IT does to work on partitions.

I have OSX86 booting on a partition of one of my SATA drives.
Jaan
It's fun but it's illegal if you're not an OSX dev.

But hopefully Apple sees the light and lets PCs use their OS soon.
DarkAkira
It's not illegal If you are a dev AND own a licensed copy of the OS.

I have a copy, and I am an Official Apple Developer.


w00t!
teko
DarkAkira wrote:
It's not illegal If you are a dev AND own a licensed copy of the OS.

I have a copy, and I am an Official Apple Developer.


w00t!


I thought it was only licensed to install on apple hardware no??
Srs2388
I have had an older version on a partition i can't get the chain0 file to find the partition.
I don't think it formated the partition right.
ThePolemistis
Jaan wrote:
It's fun but it's illegal if you're not an OSX dev.

But hopefully Apple sees the light and lets PCs use their OS soon.


Apple are as bad as Microsoft... no actually... worse than Microsoft.
DarkAkira
teko wrote:
DarkAkira wrote:
It's not illegal If you are a dev AND own a licensed copy of the OS.

I have a copy, and I am an Official Apple Developer.


w00t!


I thought it was only licensed to install on apple hardware no??


No, thats just what you would normally install it on.

You would have to recode the Darwin kernel yourself to get it to run on PC hardware. But if thats the system you want to use your license on, then thats fine with apple.
ammonkc
ThePolemistis wrote:
Jaan wrote:
It's fun but it's illegal if you're not an OSX dev.

But hopefully Apple sees the light and lets PCs use their OS soon.


Apple are as bad as Microsoft... no actually... worse than Microsoft.


Just curious, why do you think Apple is "worse than microsoft"? In my opinion Apple and Microsoft have different business models. Microsoft is a software company, while apple is a hardware company.
xbow
i can't install it in my laptop Benq S73G-456 Centrino core duo w/ ATI X1600 Graphic card (i can't installed in my desktop because it stored so many data, i couldn't afford risking it), i using hackintosh 10.4, the installation rum smoothly but it can't booting with error message : "Boot error"
teko
DarkAkira wrote:
teko wrote:
DarkAkira wrote:
It's not illegal If you are a dev AND own a licensed copy of the OS.

I have a copy, and I am an Official Apple Developer.


w00t!


I thought it was only licensed to install on apple hardware no??


No, thats just what you would normally install it on.

You would have to recode the Darwin kernel yourself to get it to run on PC hardware. But if thats the system you want to use your license on, then thats fine with apple.



well here http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/macosx.html it states the following:

section 2:

This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time.

Note it says Apple-labeled computer, so you are incorrect when you say no just because its where its normally installed.

Personally I dont see whats wrong, if someone pays for their copy of Mac OS X and is able to get it running on a PC whats the big deal! Obviously Apple dont agree
DarkAkira
teko wrote:

well here http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/macosx.html it states the following:

section 2:

This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time.

Note it says Apple-labeled computer, so you are incorrect when you say no just because its where its normally installed.

Personally I dont see whats wrong, if someone pays for their copy of Mac OS X and is able to get it running on a PC whats the big deal! Obviously Apple dont agree


It seems they have updated it since last I read it. It didn't used to say that. Sneaky bastards...

Thanks for the information.
teko
No problem, fine print annoys me too.
cvkien
i got downloaded a x86 mac os x and i did tried to install it to vmware. and i think it will work fine under my real pc. but i'm still waiting for another harddisk. coz i don't want to mess up with my hard disk. it was cool. but the problem is i need to find those mac supported software that i usual use in windows.
Studio Madcrow
It's great stuff if you have hardware similar to what Apple sells (Intel CPU and chipset, NVidia graphics, onboard sound only) but is next to worthless if you've got AMD or want to use a soundcard or ATI graphics....
DarkAkira
Studio Madcrow wrote:
It's great stuff if you have hardware similar to what Apple sells (Intel CPU and chipset, NVidia graphics, onboard sound only) but is next to worthless if you've got AMD or want to use a soundcard or ATI graphics....


Very incorrect.

It runs just fine on AMD. And up until recently, Apple used ATI exclusively, and still use ATI in quite a few systems.

The only problem is a soundcard. No support yet that I know of. But the OSX86 community is working on that, and i think one or 2 got a turtle beach card to work.
csoftdev
thanks for the share. i like to try out macintosh myself. it has very nice interface and design. i have tried it sometimes ago on actual mac machine itself. but then when i last try to install on pc, my pc didn't meet the requirement, that was few years back. now it is much easier to install mac on PC.
xbcd
well im typing this on my Hackintosh and i love this beast. This thing is fast as can be. i bought specific hardware just for this pc and it came in under $300 for the complete pc.

Pentium Dual Core e2180 (2 ghz)
2gb ram
160 gb sata hd
Linksys Lne100 network card

and this thing has stellar performance. Geekbench says it is only slightly slower than a iMac 2.0 ghz. BTW when i say slightly i really do mean slightly (only 100 points off) Now im going to go overclock it so i can get more power.
surdy
I tried this experiment of installing OSX on my laptop ( i know its illegal, but i did it just for the heck of trying it. I like to do such tweaks and hacks)
Everything worked on fine. I had triple boot (Vista,OSX and Fedora).
Only part that disappointed me that i was unable to make my intel 3945 wireless card to work on it.
DarkAkira
surdy wrote:
I tried this experiment of installing OSX on my laptop ( i know its illegal, but i did it just for the heck of trying it. I like to do such tweaks and hacks)
Everything worked on fine. I had triple boot (Vista,OSX and Fedora).
Only part that disappointed me that i was unable to make my intel 3945 wireless card to work on it.


Alot have problems with that card. It is... buggy. Not very friendly with OS's, even in windows. I've had it screw up in windows when updating a driver and such.
surdy
DarkAkira wrote:
surdy wrote:
I tried this experiment of installing OSX on my laptop ( i know its illegal, but i did it just for the heck of trying it. I like to do such tweaks and hacks)
Everything worked on fine. I had triple boot (Vista,OSX and Fedora).
Only part that disappointed me that i was unable to make my intel 3945 wireless card to work on it.


Alot have problems with that card. It is... buggy. Not very friendly with OS's, even in windows. I've had it screw up in windows when updating a driver and such.


Well i didn't face any problems with the card in windows or linux. And it didn't work in OS X just because of lack of drivers.
DarkAkira
surdy wrote:

Well i didn't face any problems with the card in windows or linux. And it didn't work in OS X just because of lack of drivers.


That's because most of the issues have since been resolved by intel and such. But seeing how the card is not used in Mac systems, drivers have to be written by the OSX86 community, and because it is so "buggy", it has proven much more difficult than other device drivers.
surdy
DarkAkira wrote:


That's because most of the issues have since been resolved by intel and such. But seeing how the card is not used in Mac systems, drivers have to be written by the OSX86 community, and because it is so "buggy", it has proven much more difficult than other device drivers.


ohh maybe .. I started using it after everything was resolved. So then what would you suggest as a good wireless card. (plz don't say broadcomm .. they are uselss for me as they didn't release drivers for linux and neither did they give out hardware details to help develop one ... so its not an option for me)
DarkAkira
surdy wrote:

ohh maybe .. I started using it after everything was resolved. So then what would you suggest as a good wireless card. (plz don't say broadcomm .. they are uselss for me as they didn't release drivers for linux and neither did they give out hardware details to help develop one ... so its not an option for me)


Look around the OSX86 community forums and see what they have had the best luck with. That would be your best bet.

http://insanelymac.com
attila123
I have Amd sempron with no SSE2 support. Leopard on my pc can't run Sad
aningbo
thanx dude. will check it out when i get the time. my net is really slow and cant help with anything. the computer is slow and so is the net. i'm in a cafe...
Srs2388
I am going to see if there are any updates on leopard.. maybe a simple AMD install disk for leopard so I wont have to patch it myself.
Related topics
GTA: San Andreas PC (OFFICIAL THREAD)
Spyware Doctor 3.2
PC Controlling
Beste Spel
Boot up Windows XP 60 times faster
I have dreams
Virus Problem
Leopard PC
Games Recommended To Play Before You Die!
XP SP 3
Linux distro comparison (Fedora vs. Mandriva vs. OpenSuse)
Linux distro comparison (Fedora vs. Mandriva vs. OpenSuse)
Flirting 101 - The first 3 flirting tips
My website
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Computers -> Operating Systems

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.