You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Music Who Touches Your Heart and Feelings Most....

what music touches your feeling whenever you hear it anywhere you go... most of the time in radio?
Georgia Golf Communities credit cards for bad credit no annual fee
Very Happy
On the radio? Pretty much nothing.
Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah always gets me if I'm paying attention, right in the post-bridge "solo" between 4:30 and 5:00... 30 seconds of some of the most beautiful guitar playing you'll hear. Neko Case's I Wish I Was the Moon and Holly Cole's Calling You hold a certain power over me as well, and the vocal/trumpet crossfade at the end of XTC's The Last Balloon fills me with a certain warmth.

There are other examples, but, there ya go.
Well after watching Garden State, the song "Let Go" by frou frou kind a gave me this real hardout feeling that I can't describe :p It was nice though..

Also, listen to songs from the secret garden... dude that totally gets you in the mood on rainy days Very Happy
On the radio?

I gave up listening to the radio years ago, because it was devolving into pop trash with talentless singers.

I found my true musical inspiration and meaning when I discovered Malice Mizer and Schwarz Stein, two bands I guarantee you'd never hear on the radio in the United States. True, they're Japanese bands and I have to find translations of their lyrics, but the sound of the music itself is what means a lot to me. It's like my feelings translated into music. The sound of Malice Mizer was something I searched for in American music for years and never found. The same with Schwarz Stein.

Even the lyric translations are oddly fitting for me.

A year and a half ago, on a whim, I bought a Schwarz Stein single called "Perfect Garden" at an anime convention, and fell in love with the song without ever knowing what it was about.

Months later, I found an amazing site with wonderful Schwarz Stein translations, and when I read the meaning of "Perfect Garden", I cried. It was exactly what I felt when listening to it, and exactly how I feel about the world.

To this day, it's one of my absolute favorite songs.
Jakob [JaWGames]
Some of the ballads by Sonata Arctica like "Shy" and "Shamandalie" only because he have such feeling while singing those songs.

Some songs by the swedish artist "Lars Winnerbäck" which I can relate to myself, he writes great texts.

And "First Love" from Final Fantasy because of that it is so great and it makes me think about the time when everything was so easy.
Anything Bright Eyes, or Ani Difranco
The softer songs by many emo and screamo bands are often really touching. For example Early Mourning by Alesana.
Parisienne Walkways by Gary Moore. I get goose pimples when I hear it and particularly when it is played by Gary Moore. I am crazy about most of Gary Moore's productions, but the Parisienne Walkways must be his finest in my opinion. Since his hard rock days he has moved to blues-rock, and is excelling in this as well.

Gary Moore hails from Ireland, born and bred. The following is a short biography of his:
One of rock's most underrated guitarists (both from a technical and compositional point of view), Gary Moore remains relatively unknown in the U.S., while his solo work has brought him substantial acclaim and commercial success in most other parts of the world -- especially in Europe. Born on April 4, 1952, in Belfast, Ireland, Moore became interested in guitar during the '60s, upon discovering such blues-rock masters as Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix, and perhaps his biggest influence of all, Fleetwood Mac's Peter Green. After relocating to Dublin later in the decade, Moore joined a local rock group called Skid Row, which featured a young singer by the name of Phil Lynott, who would soon after leave the group to double up on bass and form Thin Lizzy. Skid Row persevered, however, eventually opening a show for Moore's heroes, Peter Green and Fleetwood Mac, and making such an impression on the veteran group that Green personally requested their manager help secure Skid Row a recording contract with CBS (in addition, Green sold Moore one of his most-used guitars, a maple 1959 Gibson Les Paul Standard, which would become Moore's primary instrument).

At this URL:

Photo of Gary Moore:
Oh my! A zombie came to life!

I'd say: Thursday.
Various compositions by Jeff Buckley - as fx. 'Forget Her' and 'I Know We Could've Been So Happy Baby'... Especially the last one is just so rough and desperate...
Also Counting Crows 'Anna Begins' would maybe be the one song that has moved me the most times - think it reminds me of one of my first crushes or something like that:)
And then finally Portisheads 'Roads' which just hits the right notes...
Isn't it weird how a song can usually just be pretty and nice and then one day, it just clicks with whatever your feeling and chokes you right up? "Like Bells or Something" by Paul Baribeau did that to me the other day. I got all teary-eyed as I was driving home from work. Weird!

Also, Fall Out Boy makes me feel better when I'm sad. Sad I'm such a cliche... Sad Sad
Good lyrics always do that. But even bad lyrics with cool music can touch one's heart. I don't have any special song though.
Light My Fire - The Doors
On the radio nothing.

I like just electronic songs (house, techno, trance, minimal, hardcore, hardstyle,...)
Music which touch my feeling are trance song Wink .