FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Overclocking

regards
Hey guys!

Man, my bro is crazy. He has an Asus P5B duluxe - 1066FSB, with a 1.86ghz core 2 duo, and one of those mad dual heatpipe Zalman coolers.

Hes got it clocked at 3.2ghz, with the FSB total just over 1.8ghz. That is one good motherboard. Intel 965 Chipset and all.

Quite funny actually i bought a Celeron D 3.2 ghz and had it clocked at 4.6ghz with the stock cooler. Nearly reached 800fsb, but i started getting errors. 65nm cpu too..

Anyone else have any great core 2 duo over clocking stories?
Kelvin
Wow that's almost double the core speed. Good job. I've yet to test out a core 2 duo processor as i'm still running a p4 2.8GHz. Only managed to overclock to 3.2GHz using a Coolermaster fan, artic silver paste, Vitesta DDR500 RAM on an ABIT IC7-MAX3 motherbaord. I did not fiddle around with the voltage so there may be some untapped OC capacity still available. Since the power consumption of those new core 2 duo processors have been reduced considerably.. I'm sure you can get a good OC rate with a good motherboard.
emem
Well, not THAT incredible Smile nice overclocking there Wink I got my E2140 @ 2.77Ghz and it still runs very cool, especially in idle: about 32c Surprised
markblu
wow the most i've overclocked was i bought a p4 3.2ghz and overclocked to 3.5ghz haha
my board didn't really support it, just a regular intel board, with software overclocking /// sigh

question:
i have the same processor the 1.86ghz core 2 duo but its in my dell laptop NICE laptop can it be overclocked Wink ?
DecayClan
I wouldn't recommend overclocking a laptop...(maybe a little bit, lets say 10%)...
Because they generally tend to have heat problems(even with the factory settings) at high loads
Also think that overclocking, will considerably increase the power consumption, meaning that your battery will be drained MUCH faster...