FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

vista extend partition help

Srs2388
i was messing around with the partition tool in vista and now it will not let me combine two partitions Sad
the two decent sized partitions i want them as one.... how can i make it do that?
mystzero
Unfortunately, Vista's built-in partition tool doesn't allow you to merge two partitions together without deleting one of the partitions. Therefore, to merge the partitions using Vista's built-in partition tool, you have to delete one of the partitions so that an unallocated space exist which allows you to extend an existing partition to a desired capacity.
Srs2388
thanks for the reply... okay there isn't anything on either partiton anyways. i'll delete one and try to extend.i just want it to work it's really getting on my nerves
it still wont let me even do that Sad
here's a screenshot
Arno v. Lumig
Why not just delete both and create one new big partition? Or am I misunderstanding you?

PS: osx86dvd?? Smile
Srs2388
i tried that too and it didn't work... Sad
it only created on i went into diskpart with both partitions deleted and typed
create partition primary
SgtGarcia
I normally use a program called partition magic when i need to modify anything on my partitions. It is able to resize and move partitions if necessary. You should try to get that somewhere
myrevolt
You stated that you have no data on either partition, I'm going to go with that assumption. Download a copy of the GParted Live cd (I recommend the older versions before they built it on gentoo especially for older systems) and delete the partitions then create a new partition. Be sure to have backups of ANY partitions on that harddrive before using partitioning software, errors occur and you may lose the partition table or something; if that happens testdisk included on the CD will help recover data.
Srs2388
I'll try that... im not really worried about data loss... if vista goes... oh well i'll install os x on the whole hard drive.