FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Finally Google PR update is happening

dude_xyx
Months after Google finally finished its Tool bar update. Well its not so good for me. Sites I thought would get better PR lost their PR by one level and sometimes I had no hopes gained PR. Something I have noticed is that many web directories has lost PR.
truespeed
One of my sites has gone from 0 to 1 and my other has gone from 2 to 0 in the past 12 months.
Peterssidan
One of my sites has gone from 0 to three but before I changed from my frih domain I had pr2 so it feels right. Another site that is not very old got only pr 0 but almost all the subpages got pr 2 so I can't understand that exactly.

Yes the directories are dropping in pr. Many of them sell links and that can be a reason. google are hunting link sellers right now.
assee
geting backlinks is damn har. i sill dont know exactly what type of science is this Wink . but am trying to get trafic for now:D and am successful.

about pr. my sites are just 2 months old. in how many months am i suppose to get good Pr>? my link popularity is improving.

is link popularity and Pr are same things or diff?

can you tell?
imagefree
assee wrote:
geting backlinks is damn har. i sill dont know exactly what type of science is this Wink . but am trying to get trafic for now:D and am successful.

about pr. my sites are just 2 months old. in how many months am i suppose to get good Pr>? my link popularity is improving.

is link popularity and Pr are same things or diff?

can you tell?

Page rank is the result of the numbers of backlinks that can be followed by Google Bot (those links are not included that are on a site that is not in Google Search, and also those that have nofollow attribute).

In the past I used to think that Pagerank has strong effect over the position of the site in Google Search results, but now i dont think it is so.
assee
then what thing affect your position in Google search if it isnt the page rank?
imagefree
assee wrote:
then what thing affect your position in Google search if it isnt the page rank?

Adobe and Google have Page Rank 10, will they appear on the top of every first search page? No.

I daily do a lot of searches on google (even when i read newspaper and i am in search of some particular news, i think of google Very Happy ) and noticed the thing that

1) the site name is the strongest keyword. (but its not the final determiner. Try Macromedia and it will return adobe.com in the top. Obviously pagerank is working on the other end.)

2) when"make money online" is search keyword, search results will never include pages of "make money" (atleast in first few pages). (if you notice contrary, look closely you will see "make money online" there too). (But it doesnt always work because to some keywords, google assign no value like "is" etc.)

These both of the things and my past experiences make me think that page rank partially effects the results. Position in Search Engine is a result of a lot of things. (Even some funny things)

Edit: One more thing. News sites usually dont have too much backlinks for a particular news. Even if they get a lot of backlinks then what? No Reault, because news sites are reindexed frequently but the sites where the links are may not get reindexed that much frequently, so when the news is HOT, there will not be sufficient backlinks for a website to get itself on the top for a particular news keyword. In this case, there are several tiny factors that work play major role like Keyword Density.

Important: These are my personal experiences and thinking, and may be false.
assee
and what about the yahoo web rank? how can we make it higher?
imagefree
assee wrote:
and what about the yahoo web rank? how can we make it higher?

Just start using yahoo toolbar yourself and ask your friends to do so.

i can give you a hint, it works on Google (may be it works on yahoo too).

Say when you search a word "XYZ" and for this your site comes on page 6 and number 5 (means on the 55th number overall) and for the same keyword average 10 clicks are made on the page 6, if you start clicking on your site (that is actually on the page 6) and ask few more IPs to do the same you will definitely start getting higher rank. (Assuming your site has strong contents but the reason of its being on the page six is that its relatively new and has not enough backlinks).

I am a little bit confused about the duration within which your site will be moved up in the search results, because i think sometimes possitions in the search results change even without page rank upgradation.
the-guide
I have some doubt, what's a relation between Google PR and Search Results Position, how often Google update?
Scorpio
I just got a PR 4 for my site.. Not bad considering its been online for around 6 months and its the first Pr update for the blog
pashmina
I got a PR4 for my domain name too.
its so strange that it was like minus before the update and all of a sudden it is PR4
anyway i am happy.
sambhav
My Site got PR3 directly...It did not have any page before...Me feeling grt.
assee
how many backlinks u guys have? and tell me from where u can check pr of site?
sambhav
I just checked my back links on iwebtools. http://www.iwebtool.com/backlink_checker?domain=www.exquisitegallery.uni.cc

This site shows I have 4918 back links.

I checked my page rank at
http://www.prchecker.info/check_page_rank.php

and also http://www.checkpagerank.com/

Is there anything wrong ? I mean shouldnt I be getting PR3 directly ???
assee
my backlinks stuk to 52 i dont think its showing right thing.

i have more backlinks.

is there anyonther link?
luzenkock
Page ranking, is it reliable? perhap fraud may happened.
InsanePL
Im happy cuz that was my first pagerank update and i get from 0 to 3 in 3 months Smile
truespeed
Is pagerank solely based on back links? Isn't traffic taken into account?
Peterssidan
truespeed wrote:

Traffic does not count. The algorithm is complicated so it's hard to know witch links give more value.
assee
hmm. ye it suks . i have more then 500 backlinks now .
so .. Very Happy

am gonag get high rank soon.
checked the google rank prediction and it showed PR 4 Very Happy
tha role./
dude_xyx
truespeed wrote:

Traffic does not count. They consider backlinks, content, page structure, link structure etc.