FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

3d graphics program

greatfire
does anyone know any good free 3d graphics programs, for making your own animated movies etc. ive had a little look around but all seem to cost something> i'd prefer it to run on windows but Linux is fine as well.
Arno v. Lumig
Blender is one of the best free programs, but it's not really professional...
djclue917
What makes Blender "not really professional". As far as I can tell, Blender is very professional as far as features, etc. are concerned. There is already a short film created using Blender--"The Elephants Dream". The only very "different" thing about Blender is its very unconventional user-interface which accounts for most of the steepness in Blender's learning curve.
Arno v. Lumig
djclue917 wrote:
What makes Blender "not really professional". As far as I can tell, Blender is very professional as far as features, etc. are concerned. There is already a short film created using Blender--"The Elephants Dream". The only very "different" thing about Blender is its very unconventional user-interface which accounts for most of the steepness in Blender's learning curve.

It has a lot of features, that's true, but the feeling I get when using it is that they're all just a bit off... It might be that I just didn't use it enough, but some things (especially the texturing/UV unwrapping) are not at all intuitive to use, and it's hard to create cool textures without just using images. Also the lighting is not realistic at all, and light effects are a bit off...
t1mmclaren
Blender is way up there when it comes to 3D animation and modeling... I think a lot of people get a bit put off by blenders GUI but thats only because its really an interface that is designed for power users.
Eyre
I'm gonna take the popular stance here and recommend Blender too. However I would have to agree to the previous post about the UI. Basically, if your willing to learn, Blender will be good to you Smile