FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help : Fedora Core 4 + Ubuntu

TheSun
I am currently running Fedora Core 4.Can any one tell me how to install (downgrade)gcc 3 over gcc4 ?

None of the software(tarballs) get compiled on my system (Athlon 64 2800+ 512 MB RAM).

The ./configure comand works fine but I always get errors (errors relating to some virtual constructors) while issuing the ./make command.

This used to work perfectly in Fedora Core 3.

Also is it possible to install KDE in Ubuntu 5.04? I have Ubuntu CD's and wanted to try it .But since there is no Kde I did not install it.

Can we install RPM's in Ubuntu ? Or is there some different format ? Will tarballs work ?

I use Linux for learning stuff & listen to music.Can anyone help me in choosing a single distro permanently as I have tried lots of distros and want to settle down with a single one.Currently I am fed up of Fedora Core 4 as none of the softwares get installed.

Also can anyone tell me how to install GUI for mplayer.
Camus
TheSun wrote:
Also is it possible to install KDE in Ubuntu 5.04? I have Ubuntu CD's and wanted to try it .But since there is no Kde I did not install it.

Hello, yes it is,there is a special distributions for that : Kubuntu .
You can had Kubuntu with Ubuntu and Ubuntu with Kubuntu via Synaptic for Ubuntu and Kynaptic (or something like that, I don't remember) for Kubuntu .
I know it's possible to choose your windows manager on log in screen, but how ... I don't know .
VicTor
TheSun wrote:
I am currently running Fedora Core 4.Can any one tell me how to install (downgrade)gcc 3 over gcc4 ?

I think it's impossible 'couse, all the packages compiled already with gcc4.