FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Trip to France/Germany!

rainmaker
Hi All,

Next summer I am going to take a trip for a global studies cluster here at my University. The trip will cover several weeks, and we will be visiting France and Germany. Currently, I am studying the French language and culture. I am just wondering what other readings would augment this trip. I would like to get the most out of this experience. Thanks in advance!

--rainmaker
azbuky
First of all, congratulations for your future trip! I think it's gonna be great! I've never been to France nor Germany, but I know those countries are great! I advice you to search for books and pliants, but especially look or forums where you can talk to people who have been there already or who live there. Or, if you have enough money, you can pay a guide to tell you where to go!

Have fun! Smile
indie_hall
azbuky is right. I would look for a forum for people who have been to France and Germany. A great place to start is http://forum.virtualtourist.com/, you could look on the Travel Channel's website (http://travel.discovery.com/) for ideas too.

The internet is a great source for ideas, but you should also check out your local library for travel guides. Depending on where you leave, you can find some great resources! Once you peg a city or two you know you'll be visiting for an extended amount of time, travel guides for them would be great to pick up (even if it's an article online).

Good to see that you're studying French culture. I don't think it's required to look into to German culture; just be aware that Germans are very schedule oriented! Smile
mikeperhem1
France/Germany is the beautiful places to visit. I love to visit the beaches and historical places. In the France such a beautiful place to visit and have lots of fun over there. Winter season is best to visit there.
Insanity
Going to France in a few months! Anyone have any good suggestions besides the usual places that are touristy? Any good restaurants to try, or any tips while traveling? Will be my first time in Europe and I'm looking forward to it!
fuzzkaizer
If you pass by the mediterranean coast, pay a visit to a little village called Saint Marie de la Mer at the delta of the river Rhone. It is a place for pilgrimage of the didicoy.