FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows xp 64 bit

Srs2388
Dudes... my processor does 32 and 64 bit and it has 32 bit vista on it.... i am tired of vista messing up... so i want to put XP on it... what about the 64 bit version? would it be any better?
any faster?
what would the differences be?
internetjobs
if u have more than 1 GB ram.. then u feel the real effect of vista and extreme graphics support. if u tired of vista use windows xp.. get windows xp 64 bit. and install..
Arno v. Lumig
XP 64bit is a bit faster then XP 32bit, but the 64bit support in Windows XP is not complete, so it's still not really optimized.
ssthanapati
before installing XP - 64 bit . make sure that u have d 64 bit drivers ready for ur hardware. Otherwise u may have problems
fadirocks
My bro running XP64 on AMD64 939 3000+ Winchester and it's working faster than XP32 I think I'm gona get him new processor for Xmas hehe Very Happy
Srs2388
ohh new drivers eh? I have 2GB of ram vista isn't slow or anything just some stuff doesn't work well with it... i have had a few blue screens and it kind of gets annoying.. i've had xp 32 bit and it's okay just a lot of virus's and stuff and i heard the 64 bit version was faster and less virus's were out on it.
SkinnyV
Is the change from XP 32 bits to XP 64 bits really noticiable? I always wanted to make the switch but wan't sure if it would be really that useful...
Srs2388
i haven't done it yet... i wouldn't have all the drivers
Studio Madcrow
The only x86-64 OS that's really "ready for primetime" is Linux (and even it has it's problems) For the time being, I would stick to 32 bits, especially for Windows.
fadirocks
I dunno I was ok with 64bit even for windows but maybe i got lucky
ssthanapati
do 32 bit programs run in XP 64 bit version?
fadirocks
yes many of them do