FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Kerala : The God's own country

vineeth
I am from Kerala, the God's own country... Have you ever been here ?
Tim Graham
I can't say I've ever heard of a country called Kerala..would it happen to be a micronation?

I love micronations.
drdrift
Tim Graham wrote:
I can't say I've ever heard of a country called Kerala..would it happen to be a micronation?

I love micronations.

Its not a country actually ,In fact its a state in India and its the most visited state for its greenery and waters.
Its on the list of most beautiful places in the world.
And called as Gods own country.
vineeth
Tim Graham wrote:

I love micronations.

Funny... Kerala is a state located in the souther part of Republic of India. As said earlier, it is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The National Geographic Traveler selected Kerala as one of the 50 places one must visit in a lifetime.

You can have more information from the official Govt. of Kerala tourism website at http://www.keralatourism.org/
georgekalathil
yes Kerala is a great place to visit. But dont mingle with the people of Kerala, as they are the number one frauds in the world. Kerala is good only for a days visit, but not good to settle and stay there, due to the bad attitude of the local people...
Tim Graham
Aha state. I'm from Victoria, we have a lot of nice places here too.

How does Kerala stack up against other parts of India? Going by pictures on Flickr it seems quite scenic.
I haven't left the southern hemisphere let alone visited India.
frih
i live in delhi. i heard much about kerala. about its beauty,elephants,spices,etc. it has great coastal areas. i want to visit kerala. it also has very good climate also. it has raining season through out the year. hey friends, can you tell me more about kerala.

have a nice time!!!!!!

regards
abhi Arrow
rlashares
kerela is one of india's most beautiful states i've seen... certainly has d best hill station MUNNAR, whr one feels like heaven... people r very simple n down to earth.. a must visit!!
amicalindia
Yeah....kerala is one of the most beautiful places in india. (or world). Though I cant say the same for keralite girls/women. They tend to be obese and generally have very thick lips. They put too much oil on body and hair.
carl_fernandes
I have never been there but would love to travel to that place someday.. If anyone has pictures of that place please provide.. also some info needed on what places to visit there... any URL / links which can be useful will be welcome.... thanks.
gandalfthegrey
I have always wanted to visit Kerala. I hear it's lovely.

When I come I will ...
rent a boat and travel on the canals
go surfing
I also would love to learn the Indian marshal art Kalarippayattu.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalarippayattu
nivinjoy
The following post i had posted at Personal Pictures Gallery in here...

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-43091.html#757240

But now as this post is related to Kerala-the God's Own country, i am providing it here also...!!!

Quote:
For those who want to know about Kerala may see the following links:

http://www.keralatourism.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerala

http://www.kerala.gov.in/

Those who all wish to come to Kerala,I welcomes you all....

Here is Kerala Map....

Laughing Cool Laughing
harimadimah
sorry but i have to say if kerala is God's own land or country then how about places in this world????? God is every where not on any specially place. He lives in hearts not in countries. Kerala is nice place as i heard and soon i am going to visit there and then will post here many things which i will see there.
nivinjoy
harimadimah wrote:
sorry but i have to say if kerala is God's own land or country then how about places in this world????? God is every where not on any specially place. He lives in hearts not in countries.

you are absolutely right...But the state has been named as God's Own Country considering its natural beauty and many other aspects...!!! So please don't mistake it....

harimadimah wrote:
Kerala is nice place as i heard and soon i am going to visit there and then will post here many things which i will see there.

Happy to know that you are gonna visit Kerala...I extend a warm welcome to you...!! Hope you have a nice time here at Kerala...!!
deanhills
I have a number of good friends from Kerala. So can imagine that it must be a wonderful country. I have heard only good things about the country from them. I hope to be able to visit it one day. Think I would particularly like to visit the hills. I have also heard Bangalore is quite a wonderful place. It is not in Kerala but more to the North in the middle of India. I think it is called City of the Roses. Apparently it has of the world's most thriving computer programmers there.
nivinjoy
deanhills wrote:
I have a number of good friends from Kerala. So can imagine that it must be a wonderful country. I have heard only good things about the country from them. I hope to be able to visit it one day. Think I would particularly like to visit the hills. I have also heard Bangalore is quite a wonderful place. It is not in Kerala but more to the North in the middle of India. I think it is called City of the Roses. Apparently it has of the world's most thriving computer programmers there.

I think you are mistaken...

First of all Kerala is not a country...Its a state of the country India...!! And also Banglore is not in the North of India but is in the southern part of India and the place belongs to the state called Karnataka...!!!

Have a nice time...!!
testsoc
I find the idea of visiting India very daunting. Such a large country, so many people, so much to do. Not sure my brain could handle it.
JulioJones
Kerala State in India is the Beauty of the India. People in the state are too good with nature and hospitality's. Kerala is the rich in the Mountain adventurous and the water sports.

It's Really heaven on the Indian Land........................
biolu
just saw the pictures, it's on my travel plan now!
mariabennett
Kerala blessed by the God, with pure picture of natural beauty, is situated in south-west India. There are all spots magnetize the tourists. It is famous for endless greenery, rich culture and colorful festivals and is also known for coconut trees from where it got its name Kerala which means ‘the land of coconuts'. There are many amazing spots which you will surely love to visit on Kerala tour. Among the many some of are listed below:
Kerala Hill Stations,
Kerala Wildlife,
Kerala scenic beaches,
Backwater,
Kerala Famous Temples and many more....
Gregoric
Wow, just have found some materials about it - looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it here, I'll surely remember this place so one day (when I will be filthy rich), I'm gonna visit it Smile
RemyaNair
Kerala is a must see destination in your lifetime. Kerala is known for its backwaters, beaches, hill-stations and waterfalls. Whenever you plan a trip to Kerala make sure that you include one overnight on-board a traditional houseboat. The houseboat cruise along backwaters of Kerala is a must experience tourist attractions. Plan your Kerala holidays with a reputed tour operator in Kerala.