FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do i tell a friend that i like her?

Duskmantle
Ok, recently on a school trip, i got close to this girl and i started liking her..lol, but i dunno how to tell her that i do, cuz im the type of person who's shy when it comes to these things lol, and if i tell her, i dont want to spoil our friendship if she doesn't like me in return, so what do i say to tell her??
jordi
Hi Duskmantle,

Just tell her that you're loving her Smile ..
cavey
You are shy, and don't feel like breaking the news and cause a shock. Instead you could start flirting a little, and see how she reacts. If she reacts the way you want, you can flirt more. When (I'm an optimist) you are pretty sure that she likes you too; take her hand and say that there is something on your mind. She will then know what you are going to tell, and she won't be shocked over what you are going to tell her.

Good luck! :)
Bluedoll
Listen to me ok! Stop thinking about it and just do it.

That means seeing her, talking to her, getting to know her and giving her lots of time to get to know you. After all liking someone is more than just saying it. It's all the little things you say and do that make it happen.

So do that instead until you feel good about saying it.

Smile
Flarkis
I agree with everyone here except jordi (sorry mate).

Get closer to her, spend time with her and her friends. Try and get sometime alone where you two can just talk. Hopefully things will work out. Just one thing to be careful of is not to appear clingy. Don't follow her everywhere but if you do see her take the effort to go over and say hi.

Best of luck
Markus
Aleksandroz
Yes, it is hard tell a girlfriend that you like her very much Smile My opinion is not to tell her in the face, but to hang out more often, and she will have more time to notice that you are in love with her..

I have red somewhere that, you shouldn’t let that girl to see you just like a friend, because sometimes if a girl determents you as a friend – you will harder get out of it Smile
But, I don’t know is it true.. maybe sometimes, I can’t tell precise..
Molle
Just wait and see what happens. You don't need to tell her strait out that you like her... Do something with her, play soccer (or whatever you do there...), watch a movie, eat a burger (don't get to fat!) A good relationship is something that develop over time.
Da Rossa
I'm currently @ the same problem, the difference is: I'm not shy, it's just that I have very rare access to her but she's here inside Razz... and it's difficult to set up a situation. I'd appreaciate help too!
rappn
Ask her if you two can do something together, maybe go to the cinema or watch a movie at your place/or hers!

Then, when you feel that it is the right spot, give it a hit and tell her about your feelings for her!
And if you are lucky, wich i hope, she maybe feels the same for you!
Very Happy
Good luck mate!
Da Rossa
rappn wrote:
Ask her if you two can do something together, maybe go to the cinema or watch a movie at your place/or hers!

Then, when you feel that it is the right spot, give it a hit and tell her about your feelings for her!
And if you are lucky, wich i hope, she maybe feels the same for you!
Very Happy
Good luck mate!

just for the record: was this specifically for me? Or did you have the topic opener in mind too?
molif
try asking her about her own love life and who she likes... maybe she likes you, who knows?
Da Rossa
molif wrote:
try asking her about her own love life and who she likes... maybe she likes you, who knows?

I have reasons to believe that this is not a good idea... they become evasive when the subject goes specifically into that and dodge the main question. Also, this is a suicide attempt: if the girl feels comfortable to tell about her personal feelings, this could mean that she already thinks I'm a friend so... end of the line for me. Am I right?
russel26
good luck to you guyz... explain to your partner if u love her Embarassed
Cddhesh
This is the biggest query in love and where anything can happen because you dont know what is their in your friends mind about you.Well I would like to suggest a very indirect way of telling your friend that you like her.Some of my friends have tried already.Some got succeeded and some are still trying.You can ask her best girlfriend to know first whether she likes you or not. or like someone else.
I think this will be better way.
Da Rossa
Why should we trust her best girlfriend? They would spread the word before I can even make my plan, afaik.
windrei
you can try to ask her out for a date first to see her response. If she even does not accept your invitation, then you can forget the love and continue with the friendship with her... the best of telling "i love you " is by telling her directly in her eyes, ok ?
w4t3rm3l0n
Bump her hand with yours, just touch her a little bit just ot test the waters. Typical 'teasing' types of flirting can actually strain a good friendship rather than the more romantic types. Or, you can ask her out. It might be scary, but if she says no, she'll probably want to keep your friendship alive as much as you do and it might become a laughing point later on, or it might still develop into something. Although from what you've said, I'd guess that she would say yes.
nivre
Aleksandroz wrote:
Yes, it is hard tell a girlfriend that you like her very much Smile My opinion is not to tell her in the face, but to hang out more often, and she will have more time to notice that you are in love with her..

I have red somewhere that, you shouldn’t let that girl to see you just like a friend, because sometimes if a girl determents you as a friend – you will harder get out of it Smile
But, I don’t know is it true.. maybe sometimes, I can’t tell precise..

Same position as mine... bad thing is, she treat me already as her friend....till now, i'm breaking free from the so called friendship and bringing the relationship a little deeper...need some time to break free and prove to her that you really love her.

Also, hanging out sometime can be also frustrating since it deepens the bond of friendship...when you ask already for a one-on-one hang out, she'll feel shy to come with you(based on my personal experience).. She'll ask why her, why not somebody else...and you'll end up telling her that you love her...

Gud luck mate....

Thanks FriHost - Many good people around
bikermwtp
wow all you people make it sound so easy!! The girl i like is the most amazing person i have ever met but thats the problem, I am afraid if i tell her i like her she will not have anything to do with me anymore and to me that is just as bad as getting a bullet to the heart. I have been told to go ahead and tell her but I think she will not wanna talk to me anymore.
misterXY
cavey wrote:
You are shy, and don't feel like breaking the news and cause a shock. Instead you could start flirting a little, and see how she reacts. If she reacts the way you want, you can flirt more. When (I'm an optimist) you are pretty sure that she likes you too; take her hand and say that there is something on your mind. She will then know what you are going to tell, and she won't be shocked over what you are going to tell her.

Good luck! Smile

And back up when she asks the "why" question !!! Many men went through hardships to answer this question, don't waste the chance my man Exclamation
bikermwtp
thanks for the advice. I was told by her sister that she likes me so that made me feel better, but still like i said if you could see her she is the most amazing girl i have ever met and very good looking. Maybe if i tell her how i feel she will understand and be supportive. I think I am gonna try the worst thing that could happen is i could get a weird look lol. Lets just hope that i don't lose her friendship Eh?
Chucky
Hey, look it is simple. Is you really love her, youtae risk.
Just look at her eyes directly and laugh.
She will ask you what isthe problem.
thenyou say to her. "look you are my firend right? you know me and i know you. I want to ask you a question?. If any ofyou friend says he loves you what will you say". you have to be lookingstraight to her eye as if you are troubled. She will sence you are refering to her. The when she has senced it, immediately refer the question like this,
"what if i say i love you" give her some minutes to think the you will say "I love you"
She will get confussed then............................................................................................
rvbarreto
Hey guy!
Is one thing or the other... You must chose between be her friend forever or forget that and go for her love. You can't tell her that you love her and still be her friend. If you gonna tell her, do it right, dont go too fast, show it to her instead of tell it, and after a few time (must be a few time, womans dont like lazy guys), declare your self. Then, maybe she accept, maybe she don't... Think about that and choose.

I, on my way, prefer to try the second one. In past, there was some times that I choose the friendship and I always think "If I told her my love"... This is not good.

Think and go for her!
=D
G1g4nt1C
Just go for it! Say it in a romantic way. You can buy some roses or something little to put her over the edge. The most important thing is to say the right words. Tell her about your feelings, and do it with flair. Seduce her with your words. Be honest, you can also practice before a mirror to see of your words are good enough or not. She has te feel your emotions about her. Good luck
bikermwtp
man i have been hanging out with her, and for the past few days I have really got to know her a lot better than i have in the past 5 years. Now tell me this how come i can do this Dr.Phil thing for others but not for myself? I have always been able to help others before myself, i have help 17 of my friends to start a relationship and they are still going, and very happy they tell me?? i bet i could get a TV show Laughing Laughing Anyway i have been hanging out with her for the past couple days and every time I go to ask her I get light headed, and feel like falling over. See here is the problem if i don't do it i might get a big talking to from her sister because she told me that "she doesn't want her sister with someone that would do her wrong" and that "I think you would be the perfect person for her." so really if i don't do it I'm a feel in her sisters and parents eyes, yes her parents told me they really like having me around lol. So really i have nothing to loose but her friendship, i think if i loose her friendship i will loose everything I live for. I have tried these things before with my other friends and none of them worked out and i lost all of there friendship. so that is why i'm scared to do this and plus i can not talk to women past experience Confused Confused. All of the other friends i was friends with for 4 years and no i have not seen any of them for like a year they will not even say hi when i see them down street, and we were very good friends or so I thought. I really don't know what to do at this point, you would know what i mean if you could see a picture of her or meet her, she is the most amazing person i have ever met. I just don't think i can tell her that, than again a few years down the road when she finds someone and i find out he done something with her or not treating her well I will kick myself. Man now I know why i have not wanted a girlfriend Laughing but i do wish i had one know if you know what i mean. I think I better end this or else i might get in trouble for writing so much in one post Razz . Thanks everyone for all your help.
thadinator
hey there,
i don;t have loads of experience, but i have found that you should find a common interest, start up an conversation, and then go from there. if she doesn't give the cold shoulder, say you like her. it's prety simple.
nivre
rvbarreto wrote:
Hey guy!
Is one thing or the other... You must chose between be her friend forever or forget that and go for her love. You can't tell her that you love her and still be her friend. If you gonna tell her, do it right, dont go too fast, show it to her instead of tell it, and after a few time (must be a few time, womans dont like lazy guys), declare your self. Then, maybe she accept, maybe she don't... Think about that and choose.

I, on my way, prefer to try the second one. In past, there was some times that I choose the friendship and I always think "If I told her my love"... This is not good.

Think and go for her!
=D

in my present situation, your option 2 seems fine...i have confessed to her that i loved her...she was shocked at first but she have said that she needs time and not readu for the relationship...what i did is that i give her the time she wants and constantly showing my love to her through my actions and deeds. Actually we are very good friends right now, without thinking the things that i have said to her before....maybe after some more time she will be ready and accept the truth that her friend is inlove with her...
bikermwtp
Ok guys I am thinking of trying these idea's but know some friends have told me that she might be gonna use me (because i have some money, i own my successful DJ Service). I have been told by a good friend of mine that he thinks she is gonna get with me and suck me dry. Is there a possible way to find out if she want me or my money? I need to know I don't think she is but when your in love nothing else matter if you know what I mean. Is there a possible way to find out if she is wanting to get my money or she does really want to be with me. I'm scared to do anything now because i trust my friend 100% I would hope that he would not make something like this up but I also trust her, and I am totally lost now:(SadSadSad. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks for all your time everyone!!!
benjmd
bikermwtp wrote:
Ok guys I am thinking of trying these idea's but know some friends have told me that she might be gonna use me (because i have some money, i own my successful DJ Service). I have been told by a good friend of mine that he thinks she is gonna get with me and suck me dry. Is there a possible way to find out if she want me or my money? I need to know I don't think she is but when your in love nothing else matter if you know what I mean. Is there a possible way to find out if she is wanting to get my money or she does really want to be with me. I'm scared to do anything now because i trust my friend 100% I would hope that he would not make something like this up but I also trust her, and I am totally lost now:(SadSadSad. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks for all your time everyone!!!

1. If you like a girl, flirt with her and indicate that you are interested. If she's interested, then great. If she says no nicely and still offers to be your friend, then she is cool. If she is rude or reacts dramatically and hurts your feelings, etc., then she is not quite the wonderful person you made her out to be! It sounds like you're a pretty decent guy and you are better than anyone who wouldn't at least afford you civility and politeness.

2. I am currently good friends with a girl who turned me down, a girl I once dated and broke up with, and a girl who I once dated who broke up with me. All of these are possible because they are good, friendly people and because I chose to be their friends rather than continuing with any of the romantic drama. It is definitely possible to keep a friendship if you handle yourself and your circumstances with maturity and thoughtfulness.

3. If a person is really into you, they won't just focus on the physical side of the relationship but will genuinely care to find out who you are as a person, to experience meaningful things with you, and to share meaningful parts of their life with you. Beyond that you don't have much else to go on but a little trust.
chabates
DO NOT TELL HER!

lol, worst possible situation is you making your friend feel awkward and ruining you friendshop because she thinks of you as a safe friend instead of just another guy that is trying to get into her pants. In my opinion there are plenty more fish in the sea, you will need girls to be just friends not only girlfriends so keep this one close and move on Razz
bikermwtp
Great now im stuck. Now what do i do i really dont want to screw this up!!! Please i need help what should i do than? Man why is this so hard!!>!?!!?!?>!#@?>!@?>!?!?
Coen
bikermwtp wrote:
Great now im stuck. Now what do i do i really dont want to screw this up!!! Please i need help what should i do than? Man why is this so hard!!>!?!!?!?>!#@?>!@?>!?!?

It is hard because you want to do it properly. For an outsider it isn't hard but you don't want to mess up and make no mistakes. That's what makes it hard.

Just be nice to her, flirt with her and let her know you like her. Just have fun with her and when you feel the time is right tell her what you feel. You don't need to listen to what everyone here posts. Just read it and use what you think is usefull.
bikermwtp
Thank you very much!! I think that is the best idea so far i think i will try it and we will see if i got what it takes!! Wish me luck!!! Man im frigin scared tho lol. Thanks everyone!!
Coen
bikermwtp wrote:
Thank you very much!! I think that is the best idea so far i think i will try it and we will see if i got what it takes!! Wish me luck!!! Man im frigin scared tho lol. Thanks everyone!!

I understand what you fell. I'm pretty shy too when it comes to telling a girl I like her. Best of luck!
nivre
very hard decision to make... need a lot of guts and courage just to tell her that you love her
bikermwtp
Thanks guys im gonna try to talk to her and hope that i dont screw up. Thanks guys! when would be the best time to talk to her? like is the a better time or place to tell her?
nivre
you go on a date on a restaurant or a movie perhaps...if it will work out that you can invite her alone then better, but not, go with your friends or group. (just tell ahead your group that you love her...)
Coen
bikermwtp wrote:
Thanks guys im gonna try to talk to her and hope that i dont screw up. Thanks guys! when would be the best time to talk to her? like is the a better time or place to tell her?

I'd try to tell her when we're alone. What nivre said, go out on a date, dinner or a movie or something like that. Just make sure you're having fun and wait for the moment you feel is right. Don't doubt yourself, you'll sense the opportune moment when it's there.
Drawingguy
You don't. I mean, I suppose if you really want to, you could, but too often have I been on the opposite side of this spectrum. I've had friends tell me that they were attracted to me, and on one side of the scale, it's like, yeah, cool, another one to the immeasurable list of girls that find me stunningly sexy ( Laughing ), on the other, much heavier side of the scale, there's an uncomfortable awkwardness.
bikermwtp
Well i told her!! and it was wierd she told me she is happy I told her, we are best of best friend she trusts me more than anyone!! She said if i have the balls to tell her i have the balls to be with her. If thats not enough her sister wants me now 2!!! My advice DO IT!!! worst happens you will be uneasy around her but that works out after awhile!!! TRUST ME, if you know she is the one for you for the rest of your life GIVER!!!! Go for it or you could loose it!!!!
Dbarkol
Bluedoll wrote:
Listen to me ok! Stop thinking about it and just do it.

That means seeing her, talking to her, getting to know her and giving her lots of time to get to know you. After all liking someone is more than just saying it. It's all the little things you say and do that make it happen.

So do that instead until you feel good about saying it.

Smile

hmmm, I agree----Stop thinking about it and just do it. Wink Very Happy