FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Outlook help

charisco
Ok, I have tried several times and have searched for the answer and have yet to figure it out. I have a domain name as an add on domain to my frihost hosting. How do I setup Outlook to receive my emails for my domain name? What do I use as the servers, etc??

The domain is chariscore.com.
Bockman
If your mail is being managed by our servers, the sure way to get your account's mail is to use mail.frihost.net for both pop and smtp.

If you have knowledge AND DNS management from your domain provider, you can create DNS entries for (example) pop.chariscore.com and smtp.chariscore.com and point them to mail.frihost.net.
(I am mentioning this because in the future you may want to use your personalized domain)

Be Well Cool

P.S. - you (should have) received all that information both in the pm and the mail with your account details.

[EDIT] THE USERNAME WILL BE THE FULL MAIL WITH YOUR DOMAIN NAME.

so username will be whatever@chariscore.com and not whatever @frihost.net
charisco
I do have DNS management, can you explain how I can make the entries needed for the pop and smtp to work?
Animal
charisco wrote:
I do have DNS management, can you explain how I can make the entries needed for the pop and smtp to work?

You don't need DNS management for POP and SMTP to work provided you use Frihost's mail servers. You will be able to change the nameservers with your domain registrar to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net (if you have not already done so). Once your domain is set up, you will need to create the email accounts you require from within DirectAdmin. To do so, simply log into DA, select "Email Accounts" and hit "Create Mail Account". Once you have set up the mail account and password from within DA, you can then set up your Outlook to check the accounts.

The server name for both POP and SMTP is mail.chariscore.com
The username is yourfullemailaddress@chariscore.com
The password is as you configured in DA

To ensure that your email will function correctly, make sure all security settings (SSL, TLS etc) are switched off.

Hope this helps
charisco
Animal wrote:
charisco wrote:

You don't need DNS management for POP and SMTP to work provided you use Frihost's mail servers. You will be able to change the nameservers with your domain registrar to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net (if you have not already done so). Once your domain is set up, you will need to create the email accounts you require from within DirectAdmin. To do so, simply log into DA, select "Email Accounts" and hit "Create Mail Account". Once you have set up the mail account and password from within DA, you can then set up your Outlook to check the accounts.

The server name for both POP and SMTP is mail.chariscore.com
The username is yourfullemailaddress@chariscore.com
The password is as you configured in DA

To ensure that your email will function correctly, make sure all security settings (SSL, TLS etc) are switched off.

Hope this helps

Ok, I was able to configure it to receive, but it will not send.
mOrpheuS
charisco wrote:

You must enable authentication for outgoing mail (smtp mail server).

charisco
mOrpheuS wrote:
charisco wrote:

You must enable authentication for outgoing mail (smtp mail server).

I tried that as well, no go still.
mOrpheuS
charisco wrote:

The error message that you get in outlook will help.

It might be that your ISP blocks smtp port (25), in which case you'll have to use your ISP's smtp server instead.
charisco
mOrpheuS wrote:
charisco wrote:

The error message that you get in outlook will help.

It might be that your ISP blocks smtp port (25), in which case you'll have to use your ISP's smtp server instead.

mOrpheuS,

Thanks a million!!!! That fixed it.